Mac Vs PC - Things I miss......

Yep, I use the 'two finger tap' as right click on my MacBook Pro, and 'two finger drag' to scroll.

I find it frustrating using a 'normal' pc trackpad now as I can't scroll!

When I first switched I thought that it was going to be a nightmare having 1 button for the trackpad. Now, however, I find the old 2 button trackpads incredibly cumbersome and frustrating to use.

Is tinkers Tools really that good? does it mess things up and make the system perform poor?

TinkerTool gives you the ability to alter system settings that Apple doesn't really want you to mess with. Some of the things you can alter with it can be done via terminal commands which have the potential to cause more problems that doing it using TinkerTool!

When I've used it in the past I haven't had any problems with it, and there is always the ability to put things back to the defaults within the program if you notice anything unusual happening

When I first switched I thought that it was going to be a nightmare having 1 button for the trackpad. Now, however, I find the old 2 button trackpads incredibly cumbersome and frustrating to use.

LOL...I find myself double tapping for the first few seconds until I realise! The four finger swipes with the new macbooks also makes the trackpad loads more useful (y)

The only problem I have in running both mac and PC's is the slightly different keyboard layout. @ and " are in the wrong place for someone brought up on a UK qwerty keyboard, but you get used to it.

The only problem I have in running both mac and PC's is the slightly different keyboard layout. @ and " are in the wrong place for someone brought up on a UK qwerty keyboard, but you get used to it.

Agreed. I am going to switch my UK PC layout to US. Then it will be the same.

Gary.

One thing i've not got on my os-x install that i miss from my vista install is a random wallpaper selector that allows me to have a pool of wallpapers that change at regular intervals.

One thing i've not got on my os-x install that i miss from my vista install is a random wallpaper selector that allows me to have a pool of wallpapers that change at regular intervals.

This is something I quite like to have too and even thou I been a mac user for 3 years and never though of it...

there is, in your system preferences on the desktop pane, a check box saying change my picture and then a drop down list.

Something else I miss is a good uninstall feature. Drag and drop applications are easy enough (just delete their package) but programs which have an installer don't always have an uninstall option. Final Cut Studio - some 70GB for application suite - has NO uninstall option and if you try and do it manually it can, and usually does, cause all sorts of issues. You can sometimes find home written apps on the net which will remove them but really this should be built into the OS like in Windows.

On a separate note I have got Windows 7 beta running under parallels 4 on my MBP perfectly.

Something else I miss is a good uninstall feature. Drag and drop applications are easy enough (just delete their package) but programs which have an installer don't always have an uninstall option. Final Cut Studio - some 70GB for application suite - has NO uninstall option and if you try and do it manually it can, and usually does, cause all sorts of issues. You can sometimes find home written apps on the net which will remove them but really this should be built into the OS like in Windows.

On a separate note I have got Windows 7 beta running under parallels 4 on my MBP perfectly.

Loving Windows 7. Running it on the same program. Just need to install Visual Studio 2008 and I'm sorted :)

Back