Undecided Mach Loop

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
After seeing quite a few pictures from this area, I would certainly like to give it a go, but I have no knowledge of the place at all, so I'm doing a bit of research.

Whats the layout?
Where exactly is it?
Is there a best time to go?
I have 2 children, one nearly 4 and 11, they do like aeroplanes but need something to keep them happy, is there anything around there?

Anything else I would need to know?

Loops been fairly quiet recently, good luck though. Best place to start is Cad West or East. Drive a couple of minutes past the Fox Inn towards Mach and you will recognise it from the pics.
If taking kids I would stay away from Cad East as its a very high sheer drop.

Whats the layout? Its basically a big roundabout
Where exactly is it? Around Dolgellau, Corris, Machynlleth
Is there a best time to go? Mon-Fri 8ish through to dark
I have 2 children, one nearly 4 and 11, they do like aeroplanes but need something to keep them happy, is there anything around there? Sheep, ticks, the view!

Last edited:
Loops been fairly quiet recently, good luck though. Best place to start is Cad West or East. Drive a couple of minutes past the Fox Inn towards Mach and you will recognise it from the pics.
If taking kids I would stay away from Cad East as its a very high sheer drop.

Whats the layout? Its basically a big roundabout
Where exactly is it? Around Dolgellau, Corris, Machynlleth
Is there a best time to go? Mon-Fri 8ish through to dark
I have 2 children, one nearly 4 and 11, they do like aeroplanes but need something to keep them happy, is there anything around there? Sheep, ticks, the view!

Mach Loop info page

There isn't much for kids to do, you are sitting on a hillside for the day (with some steep drops).

Thanks both for the info, its on the list to visit.

We went a couple of weeks ago with a 3 and 5 year old. We went to cad west I think, 10 min walk from the lay by and the kids played in the heather whilst dad hung around hoping for an aeroplane:) for an hour the MOD publish a timetable when the planes might fly, google will provide this easily, for us it was accurate for the 2 days we went, but as others have indicates in think you need to be flexible and they can fly outside this time.

It is very hit and miss, take a drink and snack, it can be a very very long wait, remember, no toilets or other facilities, last time I went we had a pair of Hawk trainers in 51/2 hours

I knew of a place in Wales that sometimes sees low flying jets but never knew what is was called or even where it was. Thanks for all the info guys. Planning a visit very very soon!!

Back