Macodirect. Anyone had experience?

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

So I put in a 200 Euro film order with macodirect.de 2 weeks ago now, and have heard nothing from them. 2 emails have been sent and have had no reply. Going to send a third one which will be translated to German, just asking where my film is and what's going on. Their order status is as good as useless and my frustration is building up...

So, with the rant aside, I was wondering what people think of this company and what experiences you've had, good or bad. :) If they have glowing reviews, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for a reply. But if people unanimously conclude they are a pile of excrement, do you good people have any advice on how to go about getting my money back?

Appreciate your thoughts :)

They have quickly become my go to company for mail order film. I've found the orders arrive in the same amount of time it takes for silverprint or AG to deliver, the range is significantly better (5x4 Astia, 120 Rollei ATP, etc) and the price is similar or better on most things.

It does take them a little while to reply to emails (i.e. email them Tuesday evening, probably expect a response Thursday morning) but as I tend to buy in large orders not very often it doesn't really matter to me. Having said that 2 weeks is a long time for any mail order company to have not responded to you

This is it. I am reluctant to call them, mainly due to the call cost. Either way, if they don't reply to my email in German, they will get a call.

Chris, Indeed, I wasn't expecting a reply straight away.... And literally as I was typing this I get a reply from them! Typical. Ok, so it seems the Acros is out of stock and awaiting delivery, hence the long delay in the whole order being shipped.

Apologies for the "spoke too soon" rant :)

Last edited:
Good to hear it's being sorted out. On some of the more EU/international fora for film photography on the net, I've heard generally good things about them.

Hmm, if you get any film let us know, seems any of the Maco films take forever to get to the UK, I've been waiting since Christmas for Rollei IR, and now all Maco films are out of stock seemingly all ove rthe UK.

I'm still waiting for AG to get round to sorting out my order cancellation, that in itself has taken 2 weeks so far, good job I'm in no rush!

Thanks freecom, the good reports are adding to my confidence.

Alan, that's a bummer chap. Will keep you posted (Sorry :D) on what happens. They were open about when they were expecting delivery of the film, and even offered a partial refund if I was unhappy to wait (until expected mid next week) for the order to be fulfilled. I replied that I was happy to wait until then. Sorry Rob (Hooley), I want that acros too much :D

On some of the more EU/international fora for film photography on the net, I've heard generally good things about them.

That's more or less what I've picked up too. I've never had to use them, but if they had something I couldn't easilly get from the UK, I'd happily use them. There does seem to be a bit of a murky period with supply of quite a few films lately though - hopefully it'll soon pass.

Mmmm I ordered from Maco a week ago (first time i've bought from them) and my order is constantly "in progress".

Perhaps there are items out of stock hence the delay , however some notification from them would be nice.

Fire them an email Asha, they usually reply pretty quickly with an update (y)

Fire them an email Asha, they usually reply pretty quickly with an update (y)

Done that matey and received an almost instant reply....at least that puts my faith back in them! :D

Appears one item out of stock until late next week at the earliest so offered to refund for that product and dispatch the rest of the order....all being well i'll receive notification tomorrow to say it's on its way.

Well, I've placed about three orders with Maco Direct and not sufferred significant delay on any of them. Rollei Retro and Agfa Traffic is what I've ordered and taken delivery of.

If I needed bulk film today, their website is where I'd start so my default go-to as well.

Hope you get sorted soon. If you're desperately short of any B&W I could possibly help you out?

I bought a whole bunch of films from Maco last month. Got delivered within 2 weeks. I will buy from them again.

Arrived yesterday afternoon...all correct. (y)

Will definetly use them again.

I believe they could do to have a better policy in place for when products are not available though.....ie: stated on the website at time of ordering or an email from them to inform of possible delays.

Back