Magic bar

S

Sean_Mcr

New bar in town, and the bar staff are trained magicians. Pretty cool bar and a nice vibe. good lighting for a prime shooter to.

65551180.RCyxZBD6.magicbar3s.jpg

65552384.QVA0i18l.20D113s.jpg

65686393.qsVQWfQ9.20D125sss.jpg

Bit of glare of the slaphead at the bar!

Seriously though, some nice candids!

excellent shots Sean

though to be fair i would have to say something along the lines of 'hoi! Bongo!, magic me up a beer fella!'

I thought all Bar-tenders were magicians.... They always give something that eventually makes my head spin and start talking gibberish. Oh, that bit's not new!

Well exposed. Good set of images.

Thanks for the kind words

I sent a shot to one of the lads, and this is what he did to it:(
65738611.PfEIm8wu.untitled.jpg

Christ, i feel violated lol

that was a bit rude of him wasnt it!

that was a bit rude of him wasnt it!

He actually said I hope you like it:eek:

I've replied and told him would he draw a beard on the Mona Lisa and hand it back to Da vinci lol. I've just got to but it down to him not understanding how people feel about their images, he's totally cheapened it. God he's even cropped it, which is something i never ever do

I've had to tell him not to display that shot in the bar, as i don't want any association with it:wacky:

oh dear...very naughty but I have to say that I actually like it...I don't expect he meant any harm and also I guess he thought you would think him clever to be able to use an editing programme. Is the chap that edited the image in the shot?

Yes that's the Fella, i know he meant no ill will. But trust me, if i was to interfere with his act i think he'd soon understand.

It's just cheap looking

Ooooh, I'd definately stick with the b&w version, agree with Marianne that he probably thought he was doing well but when you've been viewing critiques here for a while, you kinda get a feelin for & understand some of where the photographer was going with the shot (& in this case, I don't think it was through Bram Stokers glasses LoL)
Great set of images though, very nicely done.

I did it on the house Marianne, i shoot in bars quite often, the lads spotted me shooting http://www.pbase.com/image/65742035 got talking and i said i'd shoot them.

Great lads, i'll be having a drink there soon, they owe me a fair few drinks lol

But if they are to be displayed publicly, i don't think it's too much to ask to leave them as the photographer intended.

I am so nosey :nuts: ....I didn't feel able to make a judgement without a bit more info (y) ...sorry if I sounded like I wasn't on your side, hopefully the image you provided to the chap concerned wasn't of any real use because of the file size? See I'm being nosey again... :bonk: Unless of course he purchased it from you? :cautious:
These images are so clear and sharp, you have a good talent...I'd love to make a poster using them, you see, I'm a Desk Top Publisher by trade and love doing page layouts :geek:
I'm sure he got the message though, I know I did :bang: :LOL:

I am so nosey :nuts: ....I didn't feel able to make a judgement without a bit more info (y) ...sorry if I sounded like I wasn't on your side, hopefully the image you provided to the chap concerned wasn't of any real use because of the file size? See I'm being nosey again... :bonk: Unless of course he purchased it from you? :cautious:
These images are so clear and sharp, you have a good talent...I'd love to make a poster using them, you see, I'm a Desk Top Publisher by trade and love doing page layouts :geek:
I'm sure he got the message though, I know I did :bang: :LOL:

I can only put it like this Mariane, i take or make photographs. I put time effort and my soul in to it. Those shots were given for free i refused any payment, save a pint next time i'm in. It's just bemusing not upsetting, you wouldn't draw over a painting that somebody had presented to you., then show it to the artist lol

Thank's for the compliment. They are clear ect but that's not too difficult with the right tools and technique. I try to make images that are worth seeing, i'm not hung-up on sharpness ect

really nice B&W I'ed love to see the colour shot tho?

Doesn't have the same vibe. There's so many different colour temps going on because of the various types of ambient lighting.

65755077.81T3Qnvr.20D063.jpg

Great shots, amazingly sharp under bar lights. How do you create your B&W images?

Well the thing that i think is most important comes before the shot is taken. It's knowing the light & subject will lend itself well for conversion, it's not enough to have a good plug-in and photoshop. Some shots simply don't work in BW

I obviously use photoshop and i have Convert to BW pro from the imaging factory. I use my 35mm 1.4 prime for most of my candids which is famed for its lens contrast, and with out good contrast you've got an uphill struggle with conversion.

So there's a number of things that go in to the end result (when you get them)

Thanks

These are great shots - love the conversions :) I agree totally about the guy 'cheapening' your shot. The original shot shows lots of atmosphere, and I feel that the processing you used gives it an element of spohistication... none of which are in the tampered shot.

Nice shots Sean but that bar sucks. Who wants a Rabbit leaping out their bag of pork scratchings?

very nice set Sean !

I can see what the guy was trying to do when he edited the shot, it seems like an ad for his "act" but totally understand your feeling towards it ! i dont mind people tweaking or playing with shots on here, as it gives me a different insight into what i have done, but i certainly wouldnt expect someone i was shooting for to change anything i did, specially without discussing it ! its like getting j.m.w turner to paint you a picture, and then taking a spray can to it to "touch it up" then saying what do you think ! LOL

Nice shots Sean but that bar sucks. Who wants a Rabbit leaping out their bag of pork scratchings?

Lol Dave, it's high time we had a pint...I'll take you in, it's honestly pretty entertaining

Get sharing your stuff lad... I've just been checking your gallery out for updates

very nice set Sean !

I can see what the guy was trying to do when he edited the shot, it seems like an ad for his "act" but totally understand your feeling towards it ! i dont mind people tweaking or playing with shots on here, as it gives me a different insight into what i have done, but i certainly wouldnt expect someone i was shooting for to change anything i did, specially without discussing it ! its like getting j.m.w turner to paint you a picture, and then taking a spray can to it to "touch it up" then saying what do you think ! LOL

That's what i said to him, i feel like Da vinci would feel if he'd been handed back a bearded Mona Lisa lol. I'll have a pint with the guy next time i'm in, he's a good guy

Great shots as usual Sean. Not sure if they look a bit too smooth though - noise reduction software?

This isn't going to be popular but I actually like the toned version :exit:

Great shots as usual Sean. Not sure if they look a bit too smooth though - noise reduction software?

There is some in there Robert that's for sure, ISO 3200. I think it's just the right side of enough for bw, but that can be subjective i realise.

Back