Tutorial Make those eyes POP!

at the risk of sounding very stupid here goes with my question. Basic I know but I dont know what to do! I followed the tutorial fine except for one little bit- i can only do one eye! when i use the tool to get my outline when i go to the other eye the first one s marching ants dissapear. tried ctrl c and v to see what happens but it one does one eye. Its obviously something really basic......................duh!

It is a really simple thing. Unfortunately I am not so good at explaining.
Under the word 'File' you have the picture of your lasso tool. If you look next to it you will see four little box pictures. Clicking on the second one allows you to add to your selection.
HTH.

Thanks Hacker. Superb!

Shopaholic - you can press shift and then select the second eye

I've just got my PSE 7 through and am trying this out but I can't find the Dodge tool and I'm either completely missing it or its one of the tools thats not featured!!
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Its ok - I've found it hiding within the sponge tool!!!

Last edited:
Just tried this out as well, well put together tutorial and easy to follow.

Thank you very much!

Thanks for taking the time to do this tutorial - Improves my photos no end.

Very simple and very effective tutorial. Worked great in my case. I have also added one-klick of shadow dodge and slight increase in eye-colour saturation. All this makes an amazing difference.

great tutorial thanks.

id like to add a tip that sometimes (often with darker coloured eyes), its good to play around with other blend modes such as linear light (makes the iris a bit more shiny) and vivid light (adds more contrast between iris and pupils), sometimes making multiple layer copies of the eye selection (with HP filter) so you can combine different blend modes.

Thanks, I have been meaning to learn how to do this. I did everything you said except I used linear as DD suggested. I like that option best for his eyes. But to each his/her own. Thanks again.

Before:
Karren_018C_web.jpg

After:
Karren_018C_ps.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Colin, a well presented and easy to follow tutorial, it will certainly be useful, cheers (y)

Thanks, I have been meaning to learn how to do this. I did everything you said except I used linear as DD suggested. I like that option best for his eyes. But to each his/her own. Thanks again.

Thanks Ashley, good tip there and it looks like it works well. (y)

Can't believe this thread is still rumbling along two years later! :D

Iam at the first stage, I lasso around one eye but how do I copy it to another layer?

Thanks so much for such a wonderful and easy to follow tutorial! It really works! :)

Just wanted to say I use this method all the time now and it really is very easy to do and gives excellent results. Thanks for sharing (y)

Tried this on my sons B&W pic in the portrait section with great results.

Very easy to do aswell and takes minutes.

Thanks Ashley, good tip there and it looks like it works well. (y)

Can't believe this thread is still rumbling along two years later! :D

I use it all the time :cool: It's a great tutorial and it works a treat for me (y)

Great tut!! Works on animals too. You have rescued many dark dog eyes!

Thanks for this another usefull and easy to follow tutorial

Just spent yesterday revisiting some of my old photos. Great yet simple technique.

Back