Male Hen Harrier

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
A couple of shots of the male, cropped a little bit more than I would normally like to do but I have never seen a male let alone get a shot of one so, these were keepers till I can if ever get better shots and if I ever see one again, I was excited to see this bird

henharrierx3_zps81fff090.jpg

henharrier2_zps9239169e.jpg

Great shots of a difficult and very rare subject Karen, slightly envious of you and I hope to achieve anything nearly as good as these come May.

On a side note, one of the keepers up here says he has a pair on his land, I just need to wangle some access rights off his boss.

The ultimate bird and cracking shots showing it off. Thanks for sharing these images, Karen.

A good set as always Kaz, must have been great to see this one.

Superb looking bird Kaz and a rare one to see let alone photograph (y)

Would love to see one close up awesome bird and nice shots, Tonyc

Lovely shot Kaz. Also for some of you that are not aware, Hen Harriers are the most persecuted bird of prey in this country. up until last summer there were 2 known breeding pairs, then one well known female was found shot dead on a grouse more, so bringing the breeding pairs in this country down to ONE .So enjoy these birds while you can because some of the shooting fraternity ( not all) would happily get rid of everyone of them in the name of their so called sport. Lets hope we still get to shoot them with a camera !!

Lovely shot Kaz. Also for some of you that are not aware, Hen Harriers are the most persecuted bird of prey in this country. up until last summer there were 2 known breeding pairs, then one well known female was found shot dead on a grouse more, so bringing the breeding pairs in this country down to ONE .So enjoy these birds while you can because some of the shooting fraternity ( not all) would happily get rid of everyone of them in the name of their so called sport. Lets hope we still get to shoot them with a camera !!

thanks Stevie, I did know they were persecuted, such a terrible problem they are beautiful birds and this is a reason I don t disclose locations on the internet.

Fantastic Karen. Only ever seen a female myself. Never got a descent shot tho. Well done.

Sorry Kaz nearly missed these,very nice captures of a fantastic bird.

Back