Malta

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Taking my gear over for a wedding but might do a spot of snapping out and about as well. Anyone got any tips for photogenic places on the island/Gozo/Comino? I am staying in Mellieha bay. Thanks.

Was there 2012...the old capital Mdina is a interesting place to photograph with a nice view from the castle, the church and the narrow alleys. Looks a bit like in northern Africa there already.
Marsaxlokk is a very nice port and fish market and restaurants. Its on the other side of Malta, but the island is small and with the busses you wont have a problem getting around the whole land.

Gozo was not so special, except for the beaches, harbour and blue water. Nice view from the roads. But inner part of the little isle is not so exciting. Still worth a trip if you have time.

I went to Malta a few times with my family as a kid, so I have fond memories (of mandarin juice, and soft nougat especially), but I would love to go back and see it now, I hear its changed a lot. I've just not got around to it. Think we stayed around Mellieha bay but I cant quite remember. It was def 1987 one year we went as the woman in the café opposite the hotel kept singing 'I wanna dance with somebody' really badly and loudly. vividly remember that!

As a kid, it was fun to go the the Popeye village, where the film (flop), starring Robin Williams was filmed - at that point it was just a tired looking collection of buildings (but fun if you're a kid) - but it looks like they've made it into more of a thing now

http://www.popeyemalta.com/

looks like a proper themed attraction - before it was just the set to walk around and use your imagination. oh, I just looked at the address, its near Mellieha, so easy to pop in and see if its worth a few pics :)

Back