Mamiya C220

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Any old school medium format gurus out there? I've had a Mamiya C220 in a cupboard for a while and took it on a recent trip to try it out. I've downloaded the instruction manual and loaded the film but the shutter won't fire. I can fire the shutter using the lever attached to the lens but it won't wind on. Am I missing something obvious?

Think you have to wind on then cock the shutter then fire... from what I have read

I tried that, started with the shutter uncocked, loaded the film, wound on til it stopped then cocked the shutter and it wouldn't fire. Could only fire the shutter by pushing the leaver on the lens.

Where the shutter release is on the side of the camera, just above it is a small round button or something. See if that will slide one way or the other.

On the C330 models it is lock which prevents the accidental release of the shutter.

Wonder if that has locked the release lever?

:bonk: I'm feeling a little foolish, there's a knob on the side that says 'lock/unlock' I thought that just referred to the back, obviously being a bloke I didn't read the instruction manual thoroughly enough :bang:

Back