Mamiya RB67 120 Film back corner seals

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello All,

I've just moved house and so I decided to dust off the Mamiya and take it for a spin in the field behind our new house. My light meter battery had died so I have to guess the exposure settings but that worked out ok and I had a set of perfectly exposed images on the film but there was a light leak causing a streak of white at the same point on each frame.

Lining the negatives up on the back plate I'm sure it's coming from a corner of the back at the point the previous frame is on the roller and there appears to be a rubber seal missing on that corner.

It there a place I can get the corner seals or do I need to fashion something out of the foam seal material?

Many thanks for any help

Kevin

If you ask nicely Jon Goodman in the states will probably make some up for you jgood21967@aol.com he's a top bloke, a member on here and really helpful if you get stuck, although that's unlikely as he always sends out very thorough instructions with his kits.

Failing that you can always fashion some yourself out of some foam.

Thanks for that, I will drop Jon an email. I have a full foam seal kit for the camera but those corner pieces are a rubber so I'd rather replace if possible

Appreciate the contact details, thanks

Just re-read your post and hadn't realised you actually meant rubber seals, I thought you were talking about the foam seals. He may still be able to help you or maybe he can point you in the right direction anyway.

Back