Man and Lights, Steglitz Subway Station, Berlin

Name
Rowan
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone,
My first post in a while here. Went out exploring the subway stations a lot with my medium format camera in Berlin and this was one of my favourites. I'd love to hear your thoughts and critique on it! I've also been wondering which border looks best: white, grey or black?
Thanks,
Rowan

26483671381_02d1858bea_h.jpg

25960077493_fdf09a58a4_h.jpg

25958016124_dfb84450d5_h.jpg

For me. the first one…
because I hate frames!

For me. the first one…
because I hate frames!

I think it'd be a good idea to include the photo without any frames as well, since they are quite divisive!

26563264885_f40f84b3e9_h.jpg

I know there is a black frame in the first
but, if you can melt the bottom to black,
it will act as an extended take!

I know there is a black frame in the first
but, if you can melt the bottom to black,
it will act as an extended take!

You know, I was actually thinking about that as well. The black frame almost fuses with the photo around the sides and top.

Anyone else?

I quite like it. At first glance it looks quite sci-fi, 'beam me up Scotty ! '. But when you look more closely you see exactly what it is, something quite grotty, broken lights and graffiti. I like the man , makes it all very abstract. Wish I was able to visualise things like this in everyday locations. I also prefer the no frame one as well.

I also prefer it without the frame. The low key shot works well as it is to frame the column and lighting. It's a shame the bulb in the front bay isn't lit.

I like it without the frame.

I quite like it. At first glance it looks quite sci-fi, 'beam me up Scotty ! '. But when you look more closely you see exactly what it is, something quite grotty, broken lights and graffiti. I like the man , makes it all very abstract. Wish I was able to visualise things like this in everyday locations. I also prefer the no frame one as well.

I also prefer it without the frame. The low key shot works well as it is to frame the column and lighting. It's a shame the bulb in the front bay isn't lit.

I like it without the frame.

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm starting to prefer frameless as well, I was just trying to figure out the best colour mount to use if I were to frame it. I agree about the bulb; you can't have everything I guess!

Back