Man of mystery!

Dominic5749

Im bored with it now
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
No
Hello all , now before anyone says its to dark etc.. This is the look i wanted, the guy has a hood on. I love this shot myself. Just wondered what your C&C are. thanks dominc (y)

woody_low_res.jpg

I can see why you like it - I like it too, although I don't think the toning is doing anything for it - I tried a straight greyscale conversion which I think looks darker, grittier, and suits the low key look better, but as your 'Edit ' box isn't ticked I wont post it.

I like the strong diagonal you've got going, but it's just not sitting in the frame well for me, I find myself wanting a little more room over the top - or above his eyes to be more accurate. If it's full rame you're snookered of course, but if there's room to play with the crop there might be some mileage for you in showing some of his hood and gaining that bit of extra room too.

Nice shot though - it would be a keeper if it was mine. :)

Last edited:
thanks for your comments CT(y)
maybe the B&W version looks better now? i will have a look later when i convert it. as for the crop yes I did but the hood looked like a pixie so thets why cropped it and i wanted to get in close to show the details in the face, especially the eyes. But tbh it was'nt a planned shot it was just a play about with my 105mm macro lens just to see how sharp i could get my images. Thanks again for the comments. It is a keeper for sure and i like it. This forum user is'nt so keen on it. But can't please everyone.:razz::D :LOL:

just converted to B&W

woody_low_res_copy.jpg

Last edited:
I (almost) agree with CT here!

I like it too, I'm not too keen on the blue look (though I guess it could be the 'Moonlight' type you were after? Just a bit too blue for that)

But I reckon there's a tiny bit too much space at the top rather than not enough

Oh - and be a sport and allow editing of your shots, it's often easier to 'explain' what you're getting at by an example of one's own edited image

(y)

DD

Edit - I hadn't seen the conversion to just BW when I posted just now, it is better IMO too - till needs a tad off the top though

Last edited:
Its a great shot buddy! I like everything about it. As you said its the mood and type of shot you wanted.

Well done

I (almost) agree with CT here!

I like it too, I'm not too keen on the blue look (though I guess it could be the 'Moonlight' type you were after? Just a bit too blue for that)

But I reckon there's a tiny bit too much space at the top rather than not enough

Oh - and be a sport and allow editing of your shots, it's often easier to 'explain' what you're getting at by an example of one's own edited image

(y)

Edit - I hadn't seen the conversion to just BW when I posted just now, it is better IMO too - till needs a tad off the top though

:) how about this then? well as to the blue tone i was playing with duotones tbh and i liked the blue colour which i was after. but each to there own (y)

woody_low_res_copy1.jpg

i prefer the last edit mate .

but not to keen on the shot:D

md(y)

I like the one in post #3, the second edit to be honest. Looks much better in greyscale as oppose to blue, but then again I agree with MD, something doesn't feel right.

Brilliant. I love this one especially the tighter crop

The original is best for me, with tint, without crop.
The eyes are too high in the later versions and that unbalances it.
The tint is not in your face, but with the blue his eyes really come to life. Nice shot indeed.

I also prefer the original, the tint works for me. Its a very very nice portrait

SNAPPYT. but then again I agree with MD, something doesn't feel right.

The reason MD dont like it because he is the man of mystery!!!! (y)

THANKS ALL FOR THE COMMENTS(y)(y)

Last edited:
Back