Manbags

Edit My Images
Yes
Tuesday Rant
Does anyone else out there hate 'Manbags'! or am I just getting old.... I just dont get them. :shrug:
I passed a guy this morning sporting a 'Louis Vuitton' designer man bag (so i'm informed by my wife and costs about £250) and he looked a right twerp!
I think an M&S carrier bag is upmarket! ;)

This is me. I have a trendy manbag and it rocks. I can keep my 30D + 24-70 + 10-20 + grip + bits all in it. When I'm out the 30D is always in my hand or on my shoulder meaning that the manbag is light and never gets in the way.

:D My missus keeps threatening to buy me a manbag for Xmas 'to match your man boobs':eek:
I've made it quite clear that such a purchase would be sound grounds for divorce...:razz:

I have one and they are very good if you are worried about 'advertising' you have camera equipment by using a proper camera bag. Holds my SLR and a couple of lenses with ease.

I have a man bag - a real one, not a camera bag. It's great :)

I mainly use it to carry my lunch box to work!!

Men should have their own bag the minute they say 'have you got room for this in your handbag?' to their significant other!!!!!!! Then all men will soon have their own bags and women will have room for more important things! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

P.S. why are people talking about camera bags? That has nothing to do with the topic posted by the OP.

Mine isn't a camera bag. It is a manbag that I put camera gear in. I also use it to carry my portfolio photobox book and on days when I don't want to take the 30D it holds my A70 nicely. Mainly its great cos my portfolio fits in along with business cards n such.

I have a manbag. I don't know how I coped without one to be honest!

I bought it because the amount of stuff I was carrying around was getting ridiculous! Wallet, Phone, Keys, MP3 player, Camera (point-and-click), Sunglasses (not now, obviously!), Sandwiches, Book, Nintendo DS (both essential when you use the oh-so-very-reliable public transport system as much as I do). I was in danger of running out of pockets or losing my trousers! :D

I would recommend that all guys give it a go. At the very least you'll win the gratitude of your other half when you're not constantly giving her stuff to carry about in her handbag! (y)

:D My missus keeps threatening to buy me a manbag for Xmas 'to match your man boobs':eek:
I've made it quite clear that such a purchase would be sound grounds for divorce...:razz:

Alongside a remington nasal hair remover!

Pardon my ignorance, but how is a manbag actually different from a messenger bag and a briefcase with a strap?
They seem to be pretty much the same thing (even after reading Wikipedia entries on them), except that maybe a briefcase has more dedicated room for documents.

You do realise there is a difference between a manbag and a man using a ladies handbang? :D:D:D(y)

Thanks there Alex :bat:

I'll just be the cool one whilst you carry stuff round in a "rucksack" (so last year!) or worse, plastic bags looking like a tramp ;)

Notg one for 'manbags' as such.

I do however often chcuk my stuff into an old nike rucksack to save pocket space!!!

failing that, my trusty UMBRO sports bag from the 90's never lets me down and makes a cracking goalpost when you need one!!!

Anth.
33, but still thinking I'm 13 !!!

whats wrong with pockets and a bint built like a sherpa. Honestly, you're all being far too sensitive

:D

MANBAG what next a see through umberella? tut, tut :cautious::)

whats wrong with pockets and a bint built like a sherpa. Honestly, you're all being far too sensitive :D

Generally my pockets don't fit a book, camera, filters, notebook, and so on :p Its just nice having them in bag.
If I'm out and I get chatty to someone about photography I can whip out my portfolio. It really says a lot more than a card. On the photo side its just so much easier than carrying a backpack.

then you'll be needing looser trousers or a bigger sherpa :p

I have a manbag, i use it to carry my murse, guyliner and 1 week a month my manpax:LOL:

Although, joking aside i do wear guyliner.
Dean:) camper than 20 tents at a campsite

Everything I need in life fits into this little fella.

Keys, money, camera, music player, smokes, shades, phone and any other rubbish I decide might make my day more pleasant.

LX140.gif

Men should have their own bag the minute they say 'have you got room for this in your handbag?' to their significant other!!!!!!! Then all men will soon have their own bags and women will have room for more important things! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Very true i get it all the time, in fact i had to buy a bigger girl bag!

Very true i get it all the time, in fact i had to buy a bigger girl bag!

Yeah but you girlies already carry everything in there :p I swear, this one time a girl had a flat tyre and she pulled an AA van out.

Yeah but you girlies already carry everything in there :p I swear, this one time a girl had a flat tyre and she pulled an AA van out.

I can usually make room for a mans wallet or bank books!!! :naughty:

ladybird yeah it starts with the wallet, then its the flipfront, then the car keys, the glasses case. I have no issue with man bags:)

ladybird yeah it starts with the wallet, then its the flipfront, then the car keys, the glasses case. I have no issue with man bags:)

I have no issue with being given car keys either!!!!:nuts:

Anything i don't want to carry, I got no room for!!! :LOL:

Do you know how sad that sounds! :nono:

:D

Well there was this time I was out in Liverpool chatting to some lovely attractive girls. I showed them my portfolio and incredibly they had heard of me. Its quite amazing randomly bumping into someone on the street, chatting about photography and then finding out that they've heard of me, seen my work and such. That aside, when you're doing street photography its handy having your work on you so if questioned you can prove there and then that you ain't some shady pervert.

But to be fair it's hardly the worst thing Pete's written tonight. :LOL::LOL:

oi! :p You should stop by IRC sometime. I'm here all week.

Well there was this time I was out in Liverpool chatting to some lovely attractive girls. I showed them my portfolio and incredibly they had heard of me. Its quite amazing randomly bumping into someone on the street, chatting about photography and then finding out that they've heard of me, seen my work and such.
Then they went home and said, "fancy that guy carrying his work around with him like that! Do you think he was pervert? Must have been. He had a manbag!"

:LOL:

You don't need to worry about manbags or moobs, you need to worry about manginas

You don't need to worry about manbags or moobs, you need to worry about manginas

If this page had opened half a second faster I'd be mopping up coke from indside my puter. :D

Then they went home and said, "fancy that guy carrying his work around with him like that! Do you think he was pervert? Must have been. He had a manbag!"

:LOL:

You stick to flying, I'll stick to chatting up girls :p

Back