Daily Mandy's 365 Challenge started 17/11/13 Day 262 Added

Never thought of that but i don't smoke, But in my quest to improve still life i have invested in a light box and two lamps i can use should be here in a couple of days time so i am hoping that it will help me out.
Me neither, but honestly, they have a multitude of alternative uses. Awesome for cleaning woodwind instruments too. LOL
Eee, I sound like one of those women "all ye need is vinegar, bicarb and lemon - that'll clean oot, pet!" :LOL: dear me!

Sorry i have been busy so i am having a catch up.............. A woman's work is never done and all that.

Day 10 Poppy

Poppy
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Taken with my 600d and 18-55m lens.

Day 11 Cuddly toy dog

dog

Taken with my 600d and 18-55m lens, with this image i have tried to add some lighting in with the use off a lamp stood closely to the object. I also used a tip i was told the other night and used a piece off kitchen paper to diffuse my cameras flash.

Thank you for your reply I thought i would have a go at some manual focusing.

Well what can i say Thursday the 28th was not a good day at all, I woke up in good spirits and decided to go out on my bike. so i thought i'd take my camera with me so i packed my gear and off i went, The long way round into cheltenham only to discover when i got my camera set up to use i had no memory card in it :bang:. I was not happy with my self so i decided on meeting up with a friend for hot chocolate instead, Anyway as normal i am playing catch up.

Day 12 pins

pins

Taken with my 400D

Day 13 Keyrings

keyrings

Taken with my 400D

Day 14 Stream

I went out for a nice ride on my bike today ( i was freezing by the end off it) but i really like what i have done with this image.

Stream at coln rogers

A HDR taken with my 600D

Thank you, it was lit from my tv as I placed the light tent on top of my coffee table. But I forgot my lamp as it was In the kitchen I am not sure if anything with my photography is improving at the moment.

nice to see you taking on the Challenge Mandy, I don't really get the time or I would do this too

May I suggest when shooting smaller object that you get down onto the same level as the subject ,gives a much better perspective

Like these Autumn Blooms I found

DSC01783
by lesmoxonphotography, on Flickr

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Love day 20 Mandy - nice to se you getting out ;)

The Xbox shot looks to be (just) a little underexposed to me here

I run windows 7 and I have a iiayama prolite full hd 24" E2481HS-B1 I treated my self to it a couple of months ago I like it but I want to show my photos off to the best so I want to calibrate it.

I've got a Pantone Huey Pro that you can borrow to try on it if you like ? - s/w will run under Win7 but there have been reports of some systems showing a greenish cast following calibration (not permamnet of course)

Jim

LOL - it's a hardware "dongle" + software that you attach to the PC via USB and it attaches to the screen - you run the calibration s/w - answer a coupleof questions about what's on the display and it generates a screen profile to calibrate it for you automatically.

http://www.pantone.co.uk/pages/products/product.aspx?pid=562

Jim

Thanks for that information don't think I like the idea of being left with a green tint. Did you have any problems when you used it.

Back