Daily Mandy's 365 Challenge started 17/11/13 Day 262 Added

Lots of impressive bits of kit out there - they can all be used to capture great images ;) (fortunately for the rest of us till our Lottery numbers come up) :D

The Church Door is my fave, the composition fits well. Great texture and detail. Contrast and exposure spot on. The other two don't appear to fit compositionally IMO. The pot looks like it might have been better in portrait rather than landscape, giving a little more room above it. It does meet the rule of thirds though. The ceiling shot is good, but appears to have cut one of the ceiling roses out at the top. Maybe a slightly different angle or zoomed out may have caught it. Like the detail though and an interesting shot. Good catch up! :) love to have the chance of a go of a Leica! Can only but dream....... :)

Last edited:
The Church Door is my fave, the composition fits well. Great texture and detail. Contrast and exposure spot on. The other two don't appear to fit compositionally IMO. The pot looks like it might have been better in portrait rather than landscape, giving a little more room above it. It does meet the rule of thirds though. The ceiling shot is good, but appears to have cut one of the ceiling roses out at the top. Maybe a slightly different angle or zoomed out may have caught it. Like the detail though and an interesting shot. Good catch up! :) love to have the chance of a go of a Leica! Can only but dream....... :)

The Leica is a funny camera to use as it's all manual even tho it's digital and the lenses we had were prime lenses could only alter the aperture and focusing. Not to mention the view finder is to the left of the camera as you look at it from the back. So it makes looking through that, given it was my first time near a Leica I found it a bit awkward to hold especially in portrait profile.

I didn't disagree with anything and I was not rude I was being truthful which is how I was brought up to be. And I didn't say it was asked in a nasty manner, I was referring to the fact that not everyone can see an image and give proper crit on it. You only have to look on other areas of the forum to see how things can go downhill.

The whole reason I started this 365 was to use my camera more in the first place, as well as to learn more about composition, pp techniques, different styles of photography. As I know my stuff is off very poor quaility, but we all have had to start some where. I was hoping that when I started this challenge, that each image I have posted would of been ripped to pieces for bad bits and good bits. But mainly all I have had has been nice shot or words to that effect, and while that means a great deal to me that's not telling me what I could of done differently in order to improve. So I have to look on google and you tube to find the ways in which I can improve. And I am in no way being rude in this response I am merely satiating that it's how I feel. And I will continue to try and find more ways in which I can improve so that I make the leap from snap shot to interesting photo.

Ask yourself a few questions before you push the trigger such as: What is my composition for this shot, why am I taking this shot, what is interesting, how else could I cake this shot, what is the light doing? Then when you have taken the shot write down why you took it so you can tell us.

I'm sorry if this is going to upset you, but you don't get better at photography just by taking more photos. You have to study, learn. It's a skill as well as a passion. If you don't have the first idea about composition and you don't care for learning then you are wasting your time.

There is more to being a photographer than buying a camera and spraying and praying.

Here is some critique:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mandymiles/13353891423/

This shot is badly composed, soft in focus, lacks contrast in colours, has no interesting light, doesn't inform or tell any sort of a story. I cannot tell from this image why you took it.

You have not understood how to use your lens as photo is unnecessarily warped. Did you not try shooting from different positions and looking at your lines of convergence? The photo is also leaning over to the left because you haven't bothered to correct it in photoshop/lightroom/whatever.

Best of luck.

I have had a great few days with my best friends Iain staying with me so i have gotten a little behind with my 365 but i am now all up to date.

Day 130 Flower

Day 131 blue flower

Day 132 Primrose

Day 133 Hanging basket

Day 134 Shrub

Having a massive catch up as i have been here there and everywhere and have had very little time to do much.

Day 142 Warehouse

Day 143 Tewkesbury marina

Day 144 Honey and honda

Day 145 Clock

Day 146 Bluebells

Nice additions - I like the clock best followed by the bluebells though there's something odd going on with the PP - oversaturated I think and possibly a bit too much clarity as there's some odd effect visible on the edges of the blooms ?

I have had a cracking few days, I went to the Bike safe day at Castle Combe. So a few shots from there to bring me up to date, i am really enjoying the nice weather we have been having and being able to get out with my bikes and cameras.

Day 147 My Friend Dave

Dave by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Day 148 Suzuki

Suzuki by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Day 149 Triumph

Triumph by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Back