Manfrotto quick release plate?

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a 488 ball head with "RC2" quick release.

Now I don't know a lot about manfrotto gear and bought this on reccomendation. I have no complaint, it does just what I need.

Using the 100-400 on it I seem to be forever taking the plate off the camera and fitting it to the tripod mount and vice versa. Obvious answer is to get another plate. I've looked at quite a few sites and ebay but can't see the same plate for sale anywhere!

Is it called something else or am I just looking in the wrong place?

This is where I bought it but I don't see the plate there either.

ideas?

Thanks. Its so similar it probably is it.

The picture there shows a silver peg (?) which mine does not have. I assume it is removable as the camera underside has no indent for it.

Taken with flash but without understanding ;)

back.jpg

face.jpg

all i did was a search for 488RC2 and happened to find a page that said comes complete with 200PL quick release plate.

My Gitzo QR plate has a spring loaded pin on it, when you attach the lens or camera it recedes and doesnt seem to affect the QR plate at all.

RobertP said:
Thanks. Its so similar it probably is it.
The picture there shows a silver peg (?) which mine does not have. I assume it is removable as the camera underside has no indent for it.
Yes the peg is removable with a screwdriver and yes your plate is a 200PL14. Also available from warehouseexpress and they have them in stock as I had two delivered yesterday.

And to allay any doubts :)

200pl-14.jpg

Very helpful. thanks all.

Now I know what I'm looking for I have seen some on ebay. Currently £5 + 80p p+p so I'll wait a couple of days to see if it stays low. If not I know what+where to buy online now.

Back