Wales Manor House (Llanymynech)

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
Morning guys,

Just wondering if anybody has been up to Manor House recently to take any photos? Thinking of going up soon and wanted to know if it's easy to get to and is it actually ok too go onto the land to take the photos or is it being monitored given its history etc?

Thanks,

Jason

Do you mean 'Red Dress' Manor? If so, I'm not sure that access to such places should be discussed publicly. Chatting to some plod near there recently and they said the house is being vandalised more and more - they were certain it is because of internet websites about 'urban exploration'. They didn't say it was any more secure.

Yes that's the place I was referring too. I wasn't aware that it was being vandalised or that it shouldn't be brought up on public forums or i would not have mentioned it..

Yes that's the place I was referring too. I wasn't aware that it was being vandalised or that it shouldn't be brought up on public forums or i would not have mentioned it..

Whether accessing private property should be discussed on here or not is I suppose a personal thing Jason (I've not noticed a rule that bans it).
I don't think it should be ...

As for vandalism...looking at various 'urbex' websites it's obvious. I've seen the dramatic increase in vandalism and theft on a couple of sites local to me (on land I have permitted access to) since they were subject to coverage on a couple of 'urbex' websites.

Well it's been in the Daily Mail so I guess discussion here is a moot point! (I like how they call it deepest darkest Wales when it's right on the border!)

I've never heard of it though am now intrigued!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back