Undecided Map of deer locations in the UK

My favourite deer location is Calke Abbey in the village of Ticknall in South Derbyshire. It's an NT property with a captive herd of Red deer and Fallow deer in a large deer park. Generally you can only walk the (extensive) perimeter path, but there are occasional deer park walks with the warden (see the website) so you can get into the inside. Well worth a visit, and like many well visited NT properties is has excellent visitor facilities, lakes and bird hides, walks, lovely gardens etc. Plenty to keep any photographer happy for hours, or to entertain wife and kids while you grab some camera time snapping the deer. I'll try to post some pics I took recently ... watch this space ...

ETA - hope this works ...
RedStag11of1_zps6dea1e64.jpg

Thanks for the details, I added them to my list: http://www.shothotspot.com/hotspot/south-derbyshire-district-derbyshire-uk/calke-abbey

I copied and pasted your comments in there as well, hope you dont mind.

Quote="monkeyballs, post: 6121880, member: 61955"]What do you mean you can't open it? Is there a problem with the site?[/quote]
It's working now. Thanks

Rannoch Moor

and

Fountains Abbey

Chatsworth village and also Chatsworth House which is worth a visit in its own right is well worth a visit.

Sent from my iPad using Talk Photography Forums

Again not strictly dear park but magdalen college in oxford has nice park with plenty of dears.

Where's the best place to park the car for Richmond, given the official carparks don't open until after sunrise?

Last edited:
I'd suggest on the roads near either the Kingston or Ham gates, but I can't recall what the parking restrictions round there are exactly.

Knole Park Sevenoaks,
Went on Sunday approximately 350 deer and a beautiful setting

New Forest have Roe & Fallow (common) regualrly see a herd in New Park (HQ of New Forest Show), with some albinos, last year an 18 point stag a few Reds (trythe safari) Sika & Muntjac as well ( not seen by myself)

Bolderwood a good location or visit the NPA website

Back