Daily Marcus's 365 Challenge

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd throw myself in at the deep end having only joined up on here recently.

So many thanks to Sarah, Jake and Timmy who's 365 threads have inspired me to give this a go myself (y)

As mentioned in my intro thread originally I've loved photography ever since I was a kid but only since the start of this year have I bought a DSLR and decided to try and self-teach myself (mainly via books and YouTube videos).

So please feel free to critique and hopefully via this thread I will step outside my comfort zone with certain styles and also via your critique learn a lot along the way (y)

Thanks guys :)

Day 1: "From inside the fridge"

Straight in with a self portrait - thought as im new to the forum putting a face to the name would be a good start (y)

From inside the fridge by XFile2708, on Flickr

Ha ha, you mentioned you was waiting for a certain time to take the snap, now i see why, its turned out great, nobody would guess you was relatively new to actually taking photos. Brilliant shot :-]

Good start Marcus, good to put a name to the face. (y)
My only crit here is that it looks a bit blue, perhaps warm the white balance up slightly

Thanks Jake - this one was quite a tricky one to get with the lighting- even with the ISO set around 3200 it still wasn't bright enough so I ended up having to improvise and using a flashlight utility on my mobile phone which I placed on the shelf below..

In addition the colour setting on the camera I changed to 'incandescent' as this gave the clearest image - all other settings made it look as though I'd just got off a sunbed :LOL:

Here's todays picture:

Day 2: "When something small can mean so much"

Decided to have an experiment with my DIY Light Box that I made yesterday - had to adjust the white balance in Photoshop and then merged the x2 shots into x1 frame.. Far from perfect but im learning all the time (y)

When something small can mean so much by XFile2708, on Flickr

Great use of the light box to get a clear crisp shape of the shot without shadow. Good shot of a sentimental gift from the boys, or just the one of them :)

Great use of the light box to get a clear crisp shape of the shot without shadow. Good shot of a sentimental gift from the boys, or just the one of them :)

Thanks hun - it was a little something Lewis made for me about a year ago and has been on my bedside ever since :)

Day 2 executed really well Marcus !

Thanks Vince (y)

"Day 3: "Macro - Spider"

This shot was taken using my 30mm Macro Lens - I've really struggled getting any decent insect close-ups since I got the lens - but saw this fresh web in the front garden this morning and the position made it a lot easier to get good lighting and in fairly close (despite the winds efforts to blur all my shots lol) :)

Macro - Spider by XFile2708, on Flickr

Some very good detail & like the clear sky background. I'd be tempted to remove the line that goes across where the legs are though. But that is just me :)

I agree with Sarah, remove the line and it's a winner. Great macro.

Thanks guys - is that easy enough to do via Photoshop or do I need something else?

I've used the Clone Tool a bit before - like you say the bulk of it was fairly straight-forward - just around the legs thats not perfect - but it does improve the image overall I think - thanks for the suggestion both (y)

Macro - Spider - Edit by XFile2708, on Flickr

Nice shot, a lot better after the little touch up using photoshop. Captured the spider really well and the web.

lol - I've seen a few Lego images over the weeks I've been on this forum and figured I couldn't really go wrong grabbing a few for rainy days or days where my disability stops me going out for a shot (y)

You can't beat them! I haven't been collecting long, trying to get the previous series before I start this one.

You can't beat them! I haven't been collecting long, trying to get the previous series before I start this one.

I've got a mixture from Series 10 and 11.. also the little-un went around his Uncles the other day and sorted through all his Lego and bought me back another random x20+ Lego figures :LOL:

Liking the image...the home made light box is certainly doing the trick��

Back