Market Portraits. A Project I've been working on over the past few months.

Name
Lloyd
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Everyone,

You've probably seen me posting various portraits in the Show Us Your Film Shots/Large Format threads. I'd like to share with you the final results of those photographs.

In early 2022 I was commissioned by Waltham Forest council to produce a large scale outdoor exhibition focusing on market traders.

We finally installed the prints last week (self adhesive aluminium) and I couldn’t be happier and prouder of the results, here are a few install shots (on a non-market day). There are 11 large scale prints and about 20 5ftx4ft prints scattered up and down the High Street. All shot on 5x4 and 8x10. The reception from locals has been amazing so far and honestly I feel like there's a far longer, more in depth project to be found here. It's so surreal seeing these images up at such a large scale.

Anyway, hope people here like the results!

install shots-3.jpg

install shots-7.jpg

install shots-10.jpg

install shots-8.jpg

install shots-15.jpg

The full set of install shots and larger images can be found here:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Still quite surreal seeing them up as I make my way to work every morning! Happy to field any questions that anyone may have as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Still quite surreal seeing them up as I make my way to work every morning! Happy to field any questions that anyone may have as well.
Who did the printing ?

I’m presuming a London based company?

Fantastic. Congratulations to you and Waltham Forest. I love everyday people portraits.

Without taking anything away from the portraits, I thought the triptych (3rd down at your site) looks to be particularly effective.

Thank you, the main focus of the project was portraits but going forward I'm definitely incorporating more triptychs for this body of work, especially in colour.

Back