Market research into studio training

I fully agree with what you're saying Garry - but you've just given most of what to look for in your £450 (whatever) course away here - peeps can go look it all up now

And I really appreciate you putting up images for us to view, but less than 300 px high when we can have/expect up to 800?

Soz mate - but your images aren't actually that good

I wouldn't pay anyone anything if their images didn't WOW me at least a bit and I wanted to imitate their work - but didn't know how

You MUST have thousands of cracking images by now - just replace those you've posted with 20 cracking ones at 600-800 px and your bookings will surely rise

(y)

DD

I fully agree with what you're saying Garry - but you've just given most of what to look for in your £450 (whatever) course away here - peeps can go look it all up now

And I really appreciate you putting up images for us to view, but less than 300 px high when we can have/expect up to 800?

Soz mate - but your images aren't actually that good

I wouldn't pay anyone anything if their images didn't WOW me at least a bit and I wanted to imitate their work - but didn't know how

You MUST have thousands of cracking images by now - just replace those you've posted with 20 cracking ones at 600-800 px and your bookings will surely rise

(y)

DD

Well, maybe I've got it wrong but everytime I tried to post larger images I got an error message. I accept that they're too small to be useful.

Let's try a larger one here
f8_rot.jpg

As for your view that they aren't good, you're entitled to your opinion, my clients are entitled to theirs. Whenever I post images on a website I post them pretty much as shot - cropped to shape but unretouched - so that people can see the actual shot, not see what can be done on computer.

I'm not actually trying to get more bookings - the whole purpose of this post is to get views on what people actually want from a course and how much they think is a reasonable amount to pay.

Giving people an idea of how I approach my training days won't unfortunately, teach them about lighting. I do hope though that explaining what lighting actually is (that it's all about emulating natural light) may help people to approach the subject better.

Garry just a question - if youre trying to get people, and suggesting models and such like - why post a picture of a gun?!

Probably because it's a shot I've just taken and have uploaded to the web, allowing me to link to it from here. Plenty of different types of subject but the problem is remembering which of my websites I've hosted them on:nono:. Lighting is about... well, lighting, not about any particular subject.

Back