Marmite Motorsport at the Donington Decider

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Decided to go out with a bang this year and just have fun doing what I love...

All shot with the Fuji X-H2 and Fujinon 70-300mm. All manual focus, most with an ND filter to bring the aperture down to a manageable level. All shot through people, a fence, a bin, or marshals (sometimes a combination of several!)

70mm, 1/10, f7.1, ISO64
British GT 2023 by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

159mm, 1/10, f10, ISO64

110mm, 1/5, f22, ISO64

88mm, 1/8, f22, ISO64

118mm, 1/10, f10, ISO64

70mm, 1/10, f11, ISO64

A beautiful set, all very nice but I Iove that first one.

A great set, it is good to see something a bit different.

Motorsport isn't usually my thing, but I really like these - there's a real artistry in what you've created here :)

Excellent set, not just slow shutter for the sake of it, but using it to create really arty motorsport images. Getting anything useable at speeds this slow is something I'm really bad at.

Excellent set, not just slow shutter for the sake of it, but using it to create really arty motorsport images. Getting anything useable at speeds this slow is something I'm really bad at.

Thanks, I just enjoy the challenge more than anything, seeing what I can come up with from public positions. Also can be done with very very basic kit as it's all manual, no AF required.

Personally, I love this style. You will always get one or two people moaning it is out of focus or blurred, but that is the whole point. Shooting at 1/8 is a considerable challenge - I suspect you threw a lot away! (Or is that just me?)

Last edited:
Back