Martin's Camera Shop

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
Anyone used/heard of this place before.

Found it via a link off Amazon and some of the prices for lenses are bargains. Here are some of the comparisons with Warehouse Express -

Nikon 17-35 f/2.8D IF-ED
WE - £1120
MCS - £759 (Saving of £361)

Nikon 28-70 f2.8D AF-S
WE - £1075
MCS - £825 (Saving of £250)

Canon - Not an expect on these so picked some at random

70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM
WE - £1249
MCS - £1050 (Saving of £199)

Seems to be similar pricing on the basic kit lens but as soon as you get over £500, the gap gets bigger between WE & MCS.

On the Canon 400mm f/2.8 L IS USM, there is whopping £664 difference.

Check it out.....

http://www.martinscamerashop.co.uk/index.asp

They are most likely imports at those prices, so you might as well order from onestop digital and save another £100-£200 :D

Never heard of them which isn't a problem. The only problem I do have is there's no address as far as I can see on the site.

dod has picked up on a major point, I'd never trust a company that doesn't put it's address on it's website.

dod has picked up on a major point, I'd never trust a company that doesn't put it's address on it's website.

well i found it in about 3 seconds

CONTACT: Martin's Camera Shop, 72, mill green, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS14 5JT, United Kingdom. TEL: 0113 2936282.

:thinking:

To be fair, I never actually said he didn't have 'his' address on his site..

.../coat..../door...:embarrassed:

well i found it in about 3 seconds

CONTACT: Martin's Camera Shop, 72, mill green, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS14 5JT, United Kingdom. TEL: 0113 2936282.

:thinking:
Where is it on the site, I still can't find it :embarrassed:

Where is it on the site, I still can't find it :embarrassed:

It's under the T&C's. Should be under the contact details though.

Anyone used/heard of this place before.

Found it via a link off Amazon and some of the prices for lenses are bargains. Here are some of the comparisons with Warehouse Express -

Nikon 17-35 f/2.8D IF-ED
WE - £1120
MCS - £759 (Saving of £361)

Nikon 28-70 f2.8D AF-S
WE - £1075
MCS - £825 (Saving of £250)

Canon - Not an expect on these so picked some at random

70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM
WE - £1249
MCS - £1050 (Saving of £199)

Seems to be similar pricing on the basic kit lens but as soon as you get over £500, the gap gets bigger between WE & MCS.

On the Canon 400mm f/2.8 L IS USM, there is whopping £664 difference.

Check it out.....

http://www.martinscamerashop.co.uk/index.asp

Just checked prices against Kerso quote and Ian still £160 cheaper including delivery on the lens I am considering.

Someone on another site recently mentioned in passing a shop in Leeds that has internet style prices. Must be the same one.

It came after I recommended a Sigma 10-20mm, apparently he had looked at it in there when after a wide angle but was told not to get one as it was a lens that you will only use a couple of times then forget about.

Sort of dumb generalization you would expect of Jessops staff.

Michael.

You leave Toms Sigma alone!

So Far all the comments about martin's camera shop seem to have come from people who have had no experience of dealing with this company. I've used them twice and, personally, I wouldn't go anywhere else from now on to buy my gear. These guys are fantastic! Amazing prices, Great service, free delivery and extended warranties. What more do you want, jam on it? Check it out!

They are most likely imports at those prices, so you might as well order from onestop digital and save another £100-£200 :D

Buy from onestop digital?, what if something goes wrong with your order? who would you rather deal with a cat from Kowloon in Hong Kong or a bloke from Leeds in Yorkshire? :thinking:

Onestop digital is a proven supplier, cheaper, fast and helpful.

Since you have bought from Martin's Camera Shop yourself, can you tell me who the extended guarantee is with?

So Far all the comments about martin's camera shop seem to have come from people who have had no experience of dealing with this company. I've used them twice and, personally, I wouldn't go anywhere else from now on to buy my gear. These guys are fantastic! Amazing prices, Great service, free delivery and extended warranties. What more do you want, jam on it? Check it out!

You the owner? ;)

Buy from onestop digital?, what if something goes wrong with your order? who would you rather deal with a cat from Kowloon in Hong Kong or a bloke from Leeds in Yorkshire? :thinking:

Is this a trick question :wave:
Paul ;)

Onestop digital is a proven supplier, cheaper, fast and helpful.

Since you have bought from Martin's Camera Shop yourself, can you tell me who the extended guarantee is with?

The extended warranty I got was MACK. I registered it online in my name and the lens serial number. I had a problem with the focus on one of the lenses, martin suggested I send it to canon to get it checked out. They had it for a few days and told me they did every possible test they could on it. It didn't cost me a penny. Would they have even bothered looking at it if it was a bogus lens? As it turned out the problem was me and not the lens! Still learning I guess. (y)

A cheers, I've heard of MackCam before that explains the international bit.

You the owner? ;)

After a little bit of research it does look like he's a possible partner in the venture, along with Martin Weston.

Not knocking the shop in any way, as I have no experience of them, but memorymart please don't deceive our members by pretending to be a customer, when you have a vested interest in the business.

Ta :)

A cat?

Someone from OneStop Digital posts on another site answering questions and providing support company so they are not just a faceless company on the other side of the world. They do engage with their customers, and are willing to do so publicly which is very reassuring.

Where they are does not matter unless you have to post something back, and even then it is only an issue if you have to pay.

Michael.

Back