Masters Historic Festival - Brands - 27/28th May

Edit My Images
No
Headed to Brands Hatch on Saturday and Sunday in my newly acquired Skoda Diesel Estate Beast (not a replacement for the Pug, just a...companion) and he seemed to love it. The best thing about it is it's grey and an estate so you can hack around like a ****** in it all day long and no one bats an eyelid. Another thing about having a car you don't really care about is getting it dirty at race circuits and doing handbrake turns in the mud...it's a 55 plate so I should look after it really...but I can't hahahahaha

Anyway, the weather was looking a bit shady all week and for once the forecasters got it right, when I arrived it had been raining heavily and it carried on raining all day after a brief respite while I endulged in what can only be described as a 'SausageFest'.

I don't mind shooting in the rain because it adds something to your shots that you don't get when it's dry. Genius, eh? What I don't enjoy too much is when it gets too heavy or starts coming in horizontal, luckily it only p***ed down yesterday. Was very heavy for a part of the morning and just horrible for the rest of the day.

Nevermind, at least all my kit is clean now.

Here are some pics, kit is 20D, Sigma 70-200 EX and (at least my Sigma Of All Trades, the 120-300 EX. These have just been resized and some have had minor tweaks to colour and saturation. Some have had some sharpening and some have had none. There may be one or two that have had nothing done, but I couldn't tell you which. Because I don't know.

Here goes, these are from Saturday:

What better way to start a thread with the now de riguer pan - Lotus Cortina coming out of Druids slightly crossed up. Faster shutter would have been better but who cares? He's sideways.
IMG_9649-vi.jpg

Mustang leads Alfa leads Mini up Hailwoods into Druids
IMG_9974-vi.jpg

Stunning and unusual Alfa Giulia TZ1 on the way up to Druids
IMG_9569-vi.jpg

The Big Boys were out: The Group C race gave us this Jaguar XJR16 leading a Mazda 757 into Druids, and that's a Spice rolling down the hill
IMG_9824-vi.jpg

Lotus Type 76 at the bottom of Paddock
IMG_0114-vi.jpg

Another Group C racer - Porsche 962 C at Stirlings
IMG_0417-vi.jpg

That Alfa again, from another angle. It was pretty rapid as well!
IMG_7620-vi.jpg

Surtees TS9B
IMG_9511-vi.jpg

On the Saturday I mainly hung around Druids/Paddock and ventured to Stirlings for a short while. For the Sunday I mostly avoided the usual areas and made my way to Sheene Curve and Westfield in the mud for a bit of high speed vairation-on-a theme. Sunday was probably as wet as Saturday so it was all good fun...

Here goes!

TVRs out of Sheene. Looks dark? It was!
IMG_9729-vi.jpg

Mini through Westfied. 120-300 for this
IMG_8043-vi.jpg

One of only a few from the top of Druids on Sunday, Group Cs up the hill.
IMG_8091-vi.jpg

Mazda 757 close up through Sheene.
IMG_9841-vi.jpg

Same car coming up Dingle Dell towards Shene, 120-300 handheld!
IMG_8103-vi.jpg

Porsche 962C, Westfield.
IMG_8104-vi.jpg

Another from Sheene, TVR and 911.
IMG_9739-vi.jpg

And finally what better way to end a thread than with a side on pan. Lovely little Chevron B8
IMG_9886-vi.jpg

Loads more stuff in my gallery which can be found here

What a superb set Dave, all of them excellent and loving those Group C cars and the Alfa.

But I gotta say that I think the slower shutter you used in the first pic has added to the picture by showing the speed better than completely freezing it with a faster shutter. Great picture :clap: :clap: :clap:

What better way to start a thread with the now de riguer pan - Lotus Cortina coming out of Druids slightly crossed up. Faster shutter would have been better but who cares? He's sideways.
IMG_9649-vi.jpg

Cheers chaps :)

Rick - I wasn't sure about the arse of the Cortina being out butlooking at it and thinking about it, it adds something to the shot.

Great set, but it's the Cortina for me too, love it :)

Back