maybe not

Edit My Images
No
well i thought i'd have a go at printing some positives ( ilfachrome ) only done black and white before , but a bit of reading and research and i should be in with a shout ,, so offs i goes and buys a colour enlarger ( lpl 7700 ) and then i thought id get a few chemicals sorted and get printing ..

do me in jerky movements , have you seen the price of the kin stuff?

at ag photographic colour paper for negs fuji crystal archive 10 x 8
100 sheets £ 20

ilfachrome for positives 10 x 8 100 sheets £ 162
oh then theres the 2 litres of developer that only lasts for eight weeks for £119

i think i'll give it a miss and have a go at ordinary colour

hang on maybe i'm missing something here ,,,ive got it wrong ,,,someone help please tell me its only £62 for the 100 sheets

Its expensive because it uses the dye destruction process, its a lot harder and more complex to make– not to mention its a fraction of the people who are printing colour economies of scale kick in.

What amazes me is how cheap 100 sheets of 10x8 RA4 is way cheaper than plain inkjet paper, surely this is a bargain....
Mark

gotta say the fuji does look a bit cheap ,,too good to be true almost ,,i think i'll start out trying to print colour negs first ,,,then see how i go from there

I can understand anyone wantying to try colour printing but it was horrendously expensive back in the 80s the last time I did any. On top of the cost, the time involved was just unacceptable. Once I'd spent time setting up the enlarger with a suitable neg and negative analyser, I was producing a print every ten minutes provided nothing else went wrong, which was almost never. I did my own printing for a couple of weddings - even with just 36 exposures it's a bit of a marathon!

I quickly realised that paying for even a top end pro lab to do the job is cheaper and they'll do a better job anyway.

The only colour processing I do these days is E6 slide processing which is a doddle once the film is in the tank, and then just scan the results.

yeah i can see where you are coming from Cedric,,its the same for me when i do black and whites ,,,takes ages ,,,,,but it does keep me out the house and away from ,,,,,,(just check over my shoulder ) the ol woman .:l

Back