North England Mayfield Station, Manchester. Legal Urbex!!!

Well that was a different sort of trip. Missed the main stairway down from the platform to the under bowels. Might have to go back and have another look from the bottom.

The editor of the Branch Line Network newsletter has been in touch. He knows we've been inside. Some articles from his newsletter are reprinted above. He wants to publish some of my shots from the bowels. He's never seen such detail, or so he says. Don't think he realises that I was maxed out on ISO at 12800 for handheld shots. But hey ho. I'm happy to let him. They are certainly different from those he's published before.

@ChrisH ....you should have come.

@mickledore

Maybe you could push him for further access :D

I would have not been good company mate, been on a very bad downer for the last few days.

On the good side I have an interview on the 21st maybe things might change for the better.

Been waiting for DigitalRev to get back to me on a price for a X100T but it's like waiting for paint to dry.

@ChrisH If we go again I now know how the land lies and when I can break away from the party without being noticed.
That key is little use. Once past the main gates there us another gate with a combination lock. I don't know that one.
We went underground from a side street. That too has a combination which I do know. Trouble is there is a security goon in a hut just the other side. Then there is another door with another key and there are "official" folk buzzing about all the time.
Even the urbex boys are going to struggle now but for £10 it's not worth the hassle.

Did you see Piccadilly was closed today because of some demonstration by snowflakes?

Trains from Piccadilly were all over the place yesterday. Some jumper at Huyton. No consideration some folk! !!!

Back