MBP prices?

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking for a Sigma 150-600 and was browsing on the MBP website they have one at, I think, £739 which appears at face value to not much less than a new one? I emailed them the question and it has now been 'sold'? All a bit odd!

I am looking for a Sigma 150-600 and was browsing on the MBP website they have one at, I think, £739 which appears at face value to not much less than a new one? I emailed them the question and it has now been 'sold'? All a bit odd!
MPB can be a bit weird with their asking prices (have a look at eBay where people buy stuff at higher prices used than it actually cost new :thinking:). If it’s so close (even if it’s like new) I’d just go with the new option and not worry about MPB and their prices.there loss not yours.

I bought mine new from LCE in Guildford just a month ago for £749 (plus £39 for a USB dock). Can't fault their attitude or apeed of service :)

I did once have an issue with them and was disappointed with their response, I purchased a grip for my camera (Canon EOS 400D) at the time and it just came wrapped in bubble wrap which was OK but when I queried the fact it was missing the AA battery holder they just replied saying it's what the client they purchased it off had in the box. I wasn't impressed at the time, that was a few years go mind you. I have had some good SH stuff off them, my recent purchase was the grip for the Olympus OM-D EM-10 which I got for less than £10.00 and it was in great condition.

Don't forget, Sigma lenses come with a 3 year warranty when bought new from an approved UK Sigma dealer (providing you register your purchase with Sigma), and that's got to be worth a bit of money for peace of mind. Unfortunately, I don't think this guarantee is transferable to subsequent buyers, so buying second hand you'd miss out on that even if the lens is only a few weeks old.

In some cases I've seen grey sellers selling for either around a similar 2nd hand price or even cheaper for brand new.
I've also seen lenses go for stupid money used when compared to new prices on ebay.

Yes I was following a couple on eBay and one went for 720, absolutely crazy!!

Yep, seen that happen quite a few times, that makes me think some people have more money than sense.

I don't think MPB want our money lately ... they shot the prices of Fuji used lenses up by quite a bit, in some cases above what some other sites charge for new! I wonder have they up the trade in payouts on same?

Hey everyone, thanks for your comments. We do monitor what's being said and try to get back to everyone.

We are always looking at market pricing but, particularly at this time of year with a lot of new releases being announced and shifts in pricing, there are occasional times where we haven't had a chance to react. We are currently reviewing our pricing to be more in line with the market. As always we want to be as transparent as possible so if you have any other questions please let me know.

Zac

like if they quote me £50 for something, i have always been able to easily sell it for a good bit more
I presume you offer a full warranty, free collection and delivery, have staff and premises? It’s your prerogative. Don’t expect everyone to behave the same way, it’s called freedom of choice.

I presume you offer a full warranty, free collection and delivery, have staff and premises? It’s your prerogative. Don’t expect everyone to behave the same way, it’s called freedom of choice.
Don't forget to add 20% VAT to the selling price too if you're a commercial retailer with a turnover of more than £85,000, as you'll legally have to register for VAT and pay it on any VATable stock you sell in the UK.

Last edited:
Back