MC tonight!

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I polished off half a bottle of red wine last night and larger amount of coffee this morning whilst finishing of my speech for tonight. :nuts:
It is the Highlands & Islands Food & Drink Awards tonight where my business is the main sponsor and I will be master of ceremonies. I love this stuff as food and drink is my business and my passion but I am also pooing myself. Isn't it odd! Why do we punish ourselves to enjoy ourself? :shrug:

What do you do that you don't necessarily "enjoy" but get a buzz from?

Public speaking is a classic one. I've had to do some of that at times and can't honestly say I enjoy it much, although once you've overcome the original butterflies it's more a case of wondering what you were worrying about.

Get 'em laughing, don't go on too long, and you're halfway there. You'll be fine.

Make' em laugh straight away. One I used a couple of times and it went down well....

" Standing here I feel a bit like Zsa Zsa Gabor's seventh husband must have felt on their wedding night. I know roughly what's required of me, I'm just not sure how to make it interesting!" :D

And hope they haven't heard it before.

MC HUNNER

"You can't touch this!"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

mc-hammer.jpg

OH CT that's a beauty! :LOL: Thats me off to rehearsal now so will see what the others think!
(y)

I remember the last big sales conference I went to complete with a new Chief Exec who had a reputation for being totally ruthless. We had the dinner at Haddo House and the Chef came out with a complete roasted pig on a spit. His opening sentence was "That was the salesman who didn't meet his target at my last firm".

The atmosphere wasn't great after that :p

Who's Zsa Zsa Gabor? :thinking:

OK thats that done. I can now have a whisky.

So back to my original question, what do you guys do that you perhaps find uncomfortable but do anyway?

Back