McNyat's 52. Still here!!! Work & Evolution added - More to follow soon... Hopefully

Hiya Ciaran,

Great photo for broken which works on well on the dark reflective background.

Like the colours too (y)

Cheers

Dawn :)

HI Ciaran

lovely shot for Broken....spot on for the theme , great detail & reflections & focus just right (y)

Hi Folks,

Been off work for a few days and STILL trying to catch up. Here are a few from a few weeks back (some ideas that I had and want to get these done before shooting the more recent themes).

Thanks to those who have commented on my last uploads (y) I promise to get a look at as many of the others 52's that I can and try to pull my weight with the feedback.

Anyway, going way back to the Knowlege theme. Emma demonstrates that she can complete the elphabet on her own. She has learned this during her first year in P1 and is enjoying a well deserved holiday. (She wasn't that obliging to fulfil my request though but a few M&M's done the trick:clap:

knowledge_small.jpg

Whilst out enjoyning the sun in the gazeebo I took a few shots (just messing and experimenting, and upon inspecting the close ups some some insects I couldnt help but notice their 'ELABORATE' detail. They are just so small and move that fast that I was amazed at what I found. I know that the quality of this shot is not great, this is partly due to the large crop that I gave it.

elaborate_small.jpg

I had a few ideas for bright but this simple shot turned out to be the one that I favoured the most. I quite like the lens flare and the darkness of the clouds against the brightness of the sun.

bright_small.jpg

Hopefully I can get a few more in before the end of my hols. Back to work on Monday :crying:

Hi Ciaran, nice catch up there. I really like your knowledge photo, really like the point of focus being on Emma's finger. And a big well done to her too (y)
I like the idea for elaborate, the image has stood up well to such a severe crop. And your bright is excellent, great clouds and I like the sun in there too, very well taken. Look forward to seeing your next photos!

Hiya Ciaran,

Indeed, welcome back and well done on the catch-up.

Wow how old is Emma? .... that is real neat writing, and as Michael has pointed out the focus is spot on (y)

Elaborate is a good shot too, although a bit 'noisy' as you have already pointed out due to the tight crop, however I think you done well to get such detail and the reflection (what lens did you use for this one?) and was this bug on the window?

As for your 'bright' shot .... I just love this one ... mainly because I :love: skyscapes and the sunburst and light flares just do it all for me .... as do the colours that add to the whole feel of the image :clap:

Great stuff that you are back on track and look forward to seeing your coming weeks.

Cheers

Hi, there and (y) for almost catching up.

Knowledge, a photograph to treasure, now she can move on to writting the alphabet in Japanese...;) I'd like to see a tad more of her hand and the whole board in focus.

Elaborate, good catch and you recognise the flaws.

Bright, well this kind of photograph must have flare. Nice cloud detail but it looks a bit flat.

Cheers and good luch with the rest. (y)

Hiya Ciaran,

Indeed, welcome back and well done on the catch-up.

Wow how old is Emma? .... that is real neat writing, and as Michael has pointed out the focus is spot on (y)

Elaborate is a good shot too, although a bit 'noisy' as you have already pointed out due to the tight crop, however I think you done well to get such detail and the reflection (what lens did you use for this one?) and was this bug on the window?

As for your 'bright' shot .... I just love this one ... mainly because I :love: skyscapes and the sunburst and light flares just do it all for me .... as do the colours that add to the whole feel of the image :clap:

Great stuff that you are back on track and look forward to seeing your coming weeks.

Cheers

Thanks Neil, Andy, Dawn and Michael for your comments.

In reply to your questions Dawn, Emma is 5 1/2 and is amazing me every day with how she is growing up and how she sees things.... endless questions.

The lens is the Cannon 55/250 IS lens and yes, the bug was on the window.

Two more in my catch up.

Empty: not really happy with this one but cant think of a great alternative and feel that it will suffice for now to speed me along. May do a re-shoot at a later date.

empty_small.jpg

On to the next one that I feel much better about. Played hide and seek with the girls today and came up with a slightly different idea for hidden..... Ciara really hadnt a clue where I was. :LOL:

Hidden_small.jpg

C&C most welcome, thanks guys.

Hi Ciaran 2 more great pics there. I really like the idea for empty, and the focus being on the middle egg shell, Only thing is there isn't much separation between the left hand and middle shell. But certainly a good way of photographing the empty shells. Hidden is great, I like the perspective you have there, and looking through the plants. (y)

Hiya Ciaran,

Well done on both recent posts

I think your empty shot works really well, I like the colours and DOF, however would have perhaps like the top right corner a bit darker, only because it draws my attention. Like the angle so the eggs form a nice lead in.

Great idea for the Hidden shot too and love the way Ciara looks very confused about where you are hiding :LOL: Wow you have a lovely garden and like how you have the gazebo in the shot too .... which has featured as one of your previous themes (y)

Keep up the great work

Cheers

Good work with the catch up.

I like the idea for empty, but the composition needs work, there is too much empty space.
DOF is good.

Hidden, I like the way Ciara is framed in the shot by the branches.
Without the explanation of hide n seek I'm not sure it says hidden.

Nice lawn though, I guess you don't have a dog, or at least a dog that doesn't charge at the cats and then skids to a holt on wet grass creating a nice mud patch :shake:

Keeping at it this week with my offering for 'Celebrate'. Our 9th wedding anniversry yesterday and we celebrated with a couple of glasses of wine last night. I tried few at the time but my wife grew a little impatient so I had another go this evening. Spent about 40 mins on various compositions and tweaking the layout until I arrived at this one. I have also tried to emphasize the anniversary text on the card with narrow DOF and slight lightening of that area. Also the fire in the b'ground and the dark fading around the surrounding area has been added to help give the relaxed, romantic setting that should go with such a theme. Please let me know your thoughts (good or bad, as you see it). Thanks.

Celebrate_small.jpg

PS. We are going to a wedding tomorrow and I was going to leave this one till then but trying to 'make hay' when I have a chance tonight. Might add another from tomorrow as I will have the theme in mind.

Michael, Dawn and Neil, thanks for dropping in again.
Dawn, I had already darkened the corner but think you have a point in that it could do with a little more.

I would love a dog Neil but my wife aint that keen...... maybe I'll get her one for the our anniversary :LOL: :LOL:

I would love a dog Neil but my wife aint that keen...... maybe I'll get her one for the our anniversary :LOL: :LOL:

I hope the dog ain't a crazy cat chasing Border Collie like mine or that lawn will have no chance.

I like the celebrate and congratulations on 9 years.
I like what you've done with the the DOF and the anniversary being in focus.
The fire makes a good BG, but it needs a higher f to stand out, at the moment I only know it's a fire because you told me.

Ciaran, brilliant effort for catching up... love the hidden..your daughter's expression is great...tells story as well..the 1st person being hidden in the bushes

celebrate. well composed and DOF .. fits theme, beautiful colour and tone.

empty .. another great idea, three egg shells, nice angle..

keep up the good work (y)

Hiya Ciaran,

Well done with the 'celebrate' shot. Love the composition and focus on the anniversary ... and the added fire adds to the ambiance.

Well done and congratulations on your 9th Wedding Anniversary, may you be blessed with many more happy years together.

Cheers

No.... I haven't given up!! :wave:

Having checked in very quickly and seen some others who are playing catch up (more successfully than me though :)) I am determined to actually 'catch up'.

Anyway, one of Ciara at the Wedding from a few weeks back. I had an idea for something different but just cant get the time :crying:.

Smell_small.jpg

Will try to feedback on some others over the next few days, and as always, any thoughts on how to improve this shot are appreciated.

Could someone help me to set-up links to all my posts on my first post. I have seen others that link straight to the page (still allowing you to scroll up/down to read other posts and also to leave comments). I have tried this already but heve been unsuccessful.

Please help.

Could someone help me to set-up links to all my posts on my first post. I have seen others that link straight to the page (still allowing you to scroll up/down to read other posts and also to leave comments). I have tried this already but heve been unsuccessful.

Please help.

I've tried but failed :(

Re Smell

I like the concentration on her face and the focus, also think I like the process until I get to the vignette then I go... :shake: naaaaa

Keep plodding on, you'll get caught up

Hi Tina,
Just had a look and have to agree. I was thinking about a smaller hint of darkness around the edges. Think this is slightly better?

Smell_b.jpg

Please help.

Check out the main 52 thread where Sarah posts each theme, there is a guide on how to do it.

Basically it should look like this (but with a [ at the start and a ] at the end)

post=3344480]Week 3 - Style[/post

Change the post number as applicable, you'll get this from the browser address at the top of the screen when you click on the post.

As for smell, I like it.
A lovely shot of your daughter.

Hiya Ciaran,

Glad to see you are still with us and look forward to your catch up shots.

I have to say I absolutely adore the photo for 'smell', what a beautiful and innocent photo and I love the processing, including the vignette on the first.

Well done

Cheers

Check out the main 52 thread where Sarah posts each theme, there is a guide on how to do it.

Basically it should look like this (but with a [ at the start and a ] at the end)

post=3344480]Week 3 - Style[/post

Change the post number as applicable, you'll get this from the browser address at the top of the screen when you click on the post.

As for smell, I like it.
A lovely shot of your daughter.

Finally got this sorted Neil. Thanks for your help (y)

knowledge - love the focus on the hand

the bug is elaborate, tho a bit scary in such detail :0)

hidden is good, really does give the idea of hide and seek to me

congrats on your anniversary, and a nice pic to celebrate and mark the day with

promise - beautiful shot, she looks lovely, really nice angle

gazebo looks a job well done, and a nice pic too that gives a feel of how relaxing and open it is in the evenings

This one means a little somethimng to me.... My Granda's, father's (and more recently) my brothers bikes.

Thought this would show how much the way in which bicycles have evolved.

Evolution_small.jpg

More to follow later. I have promised myself to try to post at least 2 shots each week in my bid to catch up.

Loving the motion blur at the moment and so I give you my offering for 'WORK', cutting the lawn.

Work_small.jpg

This weeks theme has also provided me with the ideal chance to take a pic that I've been thinking about for a while now.;)

Great idea and well executed, it's great to see everyone's different interpretation of a theme and the creative translation of it!

Back