Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Fun with multiple images :D

fun1.jpg

:p

Wehey!

edit: Can I borrow one for the weekend?!

Hi mattyh,
Cracking image, I have seen a few now and they never get old!

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do you achieve this?:thinking:
Any chance of a mini tutorial for us (prob just me) stupid folk?:LOL:

Nice one Matty, especially with the shadows (y)

This is probablly a bit long winded but using a tripod to make sure the background stays identical.. you take all the photos of yourself in different positions.

i then go into photoshop and place one photo on top of the previous as a layer and erase the part where the previous figure is and it shows through.

Then do that on each pic, erasing each figure till you get to the top one and youre done.

Hi Slvrbck.

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to photoshop, I do thinks the easiest way possible :D

With the above, I opened the JPG files, selected one to be the bottom image, then just added one on top of the other, erasing bits where I should be..

say layer 1 is the one with me sitting on the floor... I'd paste layer 2 on top, then erase the section with me sitting down, which would reveal the layer underneath. It doesn't matter if you erase a bit extra, because the camera is on a tripod and therefore should still show the same scene.

Once all 7 are done, you end up with the image above, and there's no motion blur between the different images, because I haven't erased any of the trees, sky or water.

Does that make sense? :)

Thanks very much Janice & mattyh,
Yep, fully understand (y)
Guess what I'm going to try this weekend :LOL:

Thanks very much Janice & mattyh,
Yep, fully understand (y)
Guess what I'm going to try this weekend :LOL:

:LOL: you'll be knakered.. I kept having to run back and forth as my remote wouldn't work, and when it did I didn't hear it because of the water :cautious:

Good luck, can't wait to see the results (y)

Very good! I'd never have the guts to do it out in the open lol

Very clever stuff. When you are cutting and pasting the images into new layers, is it tricky to line them up or does PS do that for you ?

I BELIEVE if you press the control key as you drop it on top of the other one it does it automatically. (dont quote me though,, as it might be the ALT key! ;) )

Thanks for the info Janice (y)

is it just me, or does it look like the one sitting down is thinking bout pushing the one standing by the water in?:shrug:

nice shot btw

That's a quality shot and novel idea, may have to try it myself sometime soon.

Great set/shot, I must try one of these one day although I'll probably need the fish eye. :eek:

I BELIEVE if you press the control key as you drop it on top of the other one it does it automatically. (dont quote me though,, as it might be the ALT key! ;) )

I'm almost certain it's the Shift key. ;)

Great set/shot, I must try one of these one day although I'll probably need the fish eye. :eek:

I'm almost certain it's the Shift key. ;)

Oh belt up! 2 out of 3 aint bad! :D

Great use of the technique and thanks to you and Janice for explaining how its done. I'll have to have a go at this:)

does the world have room for more than one Mattyh?

Clever stuff though:)

Probably not ;) :D:LOL:

Great use of the technique and thanks to you and Janice for explaining how its done. I'll have to have a go at this:)

It's good fun, long as you don't mind looking a bit silly :cautious: :D

Back