Mechanical Release... Which Type?

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Hi folks,

I'm looking for a mechanical release for my 6x17. I bought a £7 one off ebay (Kood?) and it locks once you've fired it, and you have to faff around with a bit of metal to release it which is untenable for 2-4 second exposures. This seems like a stupid design to me and I want one that's like my Mamiya that activates when you push the plunger and releases when you release the plunger. The interim solution is to use the Mamiya release but it's long, has 2 cables (for mirror lockup which I don't need on the 6x17) and gets in the way. I only need a short one.

Anyone know what I should be searching for (or can link me to one) that doesn't lock when you press the plunger?
Thanks!

How short or long do you want it…...I may have a spare that I'll put up in the freebies classifieds if any good to you.

If such as this item number 163193861707 on our favourite auction site is what you need then don't buy one until i've ad a dig;)

I'll have to get back to you later though as I'm somewhat occupied atm.

I like my Linhof ones with a T-Lock on the side. Very sturdy release with a long travel.

The bit of metal you mess about with could be lockable, I have one like that where if I want to stop it from locking automatically I push the disc down and twist it, which locks out the auto-lock.

, I have one like that where if I want to stop it from locking automatically I push the disc down and twist it

You are a genius sir. Next time you're in the pub, have a pint on me :)

I may have a spare that I'll put up in the freebies classifieds if any good to you

Thanks Asha. Very kind of you. Fortunately @FruitFlakes solved my problem which was (as usual) between the floor and the camera.

Yes I find that the space about 6" behind the camera is the bit which causes most of the problems!

Back