MEDIONPC MS-7358 Sound problemsPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:00 am

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I have a MEDIONPC MS-7358 and the sound seems to have stopped working.

I can see the idicator on the volume moving so I can see it picking up the sound.

I have checked the leads and volume and a different set of speakers as well.

When I go into sound on the control panel ther are 3 devices shown, speakers, headphones and Digital Output device .

Only the digital output device is ticked but I am sure the speakers used to be the ones ticked. I cannot tick the speakers but when i look at the properties they show as working correctly.

It is almost as if the jacks on bothe the front and back on the pc are not working?

being onboard sound could this be driver problem if so what driver should I use.

Stringy

can you not highlight the speakers then click set as default button (or similar) underneath?

digital output is normally the SPDIF connection to a dolby digital hi-fi.. is that connected at all?

They are marked as not plugged in although they are and they are also greyed out so I can not set them as the default or enable them.

I do not have anything plugged into a ho fi, only the speakers are plugged into the back of the pc.

Stringy

Hi

yes they do unplug both ends but they look ok.

I have tried anther set of speakers without success as well

Hi

I have downloaded the new drivers and it is now recognising the speakers unfortunatly though there is still not any sound.

I may try a seperate sound card next instead of the onbaord sound.

Stringy

I have made a bit more progress with the onboard card.

After downloading the drivers I can now test the speakers usinf the realtek software and they al test correctly but when I use media player no sound comes out, also all the windows sounds have stopped working as well

Back