Medium format... AGAIN. Sorry guys.

That's from eBay (I bought my 50mm for £67 and my 127mm for £42, I sold my 90mm for £30 on here but could get £50 on eBay)

Is RB glass really that cheap??

flippin bargain

everything I buy costs 3 kidneys and a left nut

Last edited:
Steven, have you tried the guy on Dalry Road? Forgotten the name, something like Donald Munro, although I seem to remember his surname is Donald. He has shelves of random stuff, and more downstairs. When I bought my QL17 for £120 from Camerabase he had a QL19 for a lot less, but it seemed bigger to me, and not sire about warranty. He has funny hours, closes at lunch time etc. Last time I was up, when you leant me the folder, I called in but he was off on a shoot and the woman minding the shot said only he knew the prices and what was downstairs. Might be worth a try. He might be open Saturday but not lunchtime.

His shop is nondescript, west side of Dalry Road between the Western Approach bridge and Gorgy Road. Bus stop pretty much opposite, I think.

Is RB glass really that cheap??

flippin bargain

everything I buy costs 3 kidneys and a left nut

It is if you shop about for it a bit

That's from eBay (I bought my 50mm for £67 and my 127mm for £42, I sold my 90mm for £30 on here but could get £50 on eBay)

Cool, I'll keep my eyes open.

Steven, have you tried the guy on Dalry Road? Forgotten the name, something like Donald Munro, although I seem to remember his surname is Donald. He has shelves of random stuff, and more downstairs. When I bought my QL17 for £120 from Camerabase he had a QL19 for a lot less, but it seemed bigger to me, and not sire about warranty. He has funny hours, closes at lunch time etc. Last time I was up, when you leant me the folder, I called in but he was off on a shoot and the woman minding the shot said only he knew the prices and what was downstairs. Might be worth a try. He might be open Saturday but not lunchtime.

His shop is nondescript, west side of Dalry Road between the Western Approach bridge and Gorgy Road. Bus stop pretty much opposite, I think.

I have passed by that shop for years and never once set foot in it, tbh I assumed it was either closed or just and office for meeting clients. I'm not sure when I'd manged to get there if he shuts at lunchtime, maybe Saturday afternoon.

I have passed by that shop for years and never once set foot in it, tbh I assumed it was either closed or just and office for meeting clients. I'm not sure when I'd manged to get there if he shuts at lunchtime, maybe Saturday afternoon.

It's a real Aladdin's cave, when I was there a few weeks ago there were folders, a Mamiya C2, possibly a Rolleicord, lots of stuff. The helpful lady let me hold a few but she had no idea what the prices were and that was my last day in Edinburgh that time!

She suggested giving him a ring. If I find the card I'll let you know. If you're going past, see if there's a phone number on the shop somewhere...

EDIT: PS I've a feeling lunch is 1 till 2, pretty sire the first time I was there after 12:30 and being gently pushed out of the shop before long!

Last edited:
I was surprised you didn't snap up that SQ-Ai. It was well priced.

That said, make sure you are happy with the formats you want to pick - there may only be a centimetre difference between the 6x6 and 6x7 negatives, but it can be quite a different way of thinking.

I was still dithering between the RB and SQ and I wasn't sure if that was a good price (thought it was but...). Rob threw me with how cheap the RB glass seems to be. Time for a spread sheet I think! :D

Ping me a message when you get round to it, I'm still undecided on formats...

Just as well I bought the rb, that lf in the classifieds would be mighty tempting other wise...

Back