Meh - Slate me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rank outsider Nikon D3 :LOL:

Shhhhhh....don't mention any other brand. Bad enough listening to every product canon make let alone introducing the OP to nikon and the likes :LOL:

youll all be eating my words when i rock up with my L lenses and sell my pictures for quadzillion pounds

ok so before i go pick the ******* up or start another thread

24-105 .. over the 24-70 as its newer, cheaper and has IS .. agree?

i will shoot at approx F8 for studio anyway so 2.8 is pointless for me

Disagree.

In that case 24-105mm. Buy properly, and buy once. I assume that you've learnt this, I did when I first started and chop and changed every day. My game plan now, is buy the best I can afford, and keep the thing lol

In that case 24-105mm. Buy properly, and buy once. I assume that you've learnt this, I did when I first started and chop and changed every day. My game plan now, is buy the best I can afford, and keep the thing lol

FINALLY!!!!!!

someone has just echoed my thoughts

i figured buy cheap buy twice buy proper buy once

im buying the 24 so i wont EVER have to replace it .. add to it with a 70-200 maybe but replace it not!

I have obviously learnt this lol

Disagree too, 2.8 comes in handy in low light and i doubt you will only ever shoot in a studio environment

I dont think it matters how old the lens is.
My 85mm 1.8 is from the early 90's but is sharper and better built than my very modern 24-70 f/2.8.
A good lens is a good lens, regardless when it was made.

The riddle continues???

http://www.avforums.com/forums/digital-camera-camcorder-classifieds/1405576-sale-canon-flash-set-up.html

Now what you doing? Dont tell me you've bought a fully blown studio?

This is fabulous. He's bought a 7D in order to avoid paying for a 580EX to trigger ETTL off camera flash and now he's dumping his ETTL compatible off camera flash and all the bits that go with it. I can't wait for the next installment. Priceless! I'm finding myself suffering from uncontrollable giggles at the moment.

Last edited:
FINALLY!!!!!!

someone has just echoed my thoughts

i figured buy cheap buy twice buy proper buy once

im buying the 24 so i wont EVER have to replace it .. add to it with a 70-200 maybe but replace it not!

I have obviously learnt this lol

You've gotta be honest with yourself here though mate.

You said you're going to be shooting at F8 in the studio the whole time. If this is genuinely the case, then yes the 24-105 will be fine, at f8 the quality will be damn near identical, plus you have a larger focal range.

BUT, as others have said...

The 24-70 Canon is a 2.8 and will absolutely be more useful in every other scenario outside a studio.

lol

So it's your call. 100% studio, get the 24-105mm, mostly studio plus other stuff, get the 24-70mm. (y) :bonk: :clap::help:

im selling my 430 to pay for the new 24-105 sat in the box in front of me!!!!!

the F4 is more than enough for inside work!

blimey.

ok close thread

im selling my 430 to pay for the new 24-105 sat in the box in front of me!!!!!

the F4 is more than enough for inside work!

blimey.

ok close thread

So can you take some pictures of your flash with your new lens? Have you actually got your new camera? You seem to do everything very quickly!

Without a flash now perhaps you should go for the 2.8?

no i sold my body and lens yesterday .. i have a new lens and new body is in the post .. i cant help the way royal mail work lol

youll all be eating my words when i rock up with my L lenses and sell my pictures for quadzillion pounds

This made me spit my coffee LOL

I tell you what this is definately more interesting than Coranation street, at least it has a storyline.

How will it end today, sell the 7D and invest in a soundproof padded cell.

What is the cheapest price atm .. bargain basement style?

Not for me btw

National Health will probably get you one cheap.

Come on Danny just admit it you have ADHD and can't help yourself.

Keep the answers coming mate by the end of the year you'll have enough to write a book. :bonk:

Oh and its LENS not lens :D

Last edited:
Ahh...you are selling half your flash setup to part fund the lens? Was there a reason for having that extra flash when you ordered it?

funny that as i have ADHD .. is that an issue? didnt realise it made me a disabled dick head!

jesus christ does it really ****ing matter what body and lens i use! its my cash i spend it. I work for it and i choose how i waste it. I have no kids. I do not drink alcohol and i do not take drugs and i do not have a mortgage.

Whats the bloody problem.

And yes Andy i figured sell ONE of the flashes now and make do with the other to fund PART of my new lens. It will cover part of it until i fund some more another way.

Jimmy whats your problem do i come and rip into you for your pictures? I like my cats? big deal mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back