Memory Card Problem - Recovery

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I have tried 4 differant applications to recover the memory card from my Mrs compact (MS Pro Duo). Two of which have work fine in the past.

It scans the blocks but shows them as bad blocks and the software either crashes or says no files found.

Has anyone got any ideas.

Have the files been overwritten at all?

Have the files been overwritten at all?

Nope, camera went dead with a full battery, turned back on and camera said "re-insert memory card", so removed the card and re-inserted and the same message appeared.

what are you trying to do? recover files from the card or format the card so it works in a camera?

Recover photos.

OK run RescuePro and it found over 15000 bad blocks and could not find any files..... does that mean it is totally dead?

Doesn't sound good :shake:

Downloaded a program called 'DDR - Memory Card Recovery' as a demo and this found all the files, going to play with the settings on the free software to see if i can get them to find the files.

Could be counterfeit, there's tons flooding the market at the moment :( Some work great for a short amount of time then corrupt the files later on...I know I bought a snyde flash drive...not again though.

CR

I paid £150 for On Track Data Recovery software many moons ago.

Feel free to give it a try.

You can download it from here (right click save as) 28mb.

Back