Beginner Memory card question

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hey guys, as you may know from my other thread I just bought and am waiting on delivery of my shiny new d5300. What I need now is a memory card, is a microSD plugged into an adapter the same as an SD card standalone in there, just wondering cause there's some great prices for 64gb hdxc microSD's with adapters on hukd,

Thanks all,

Lee.

Personally , I would go for an SD card with the fastest transfer speed rather than largest capacity.

Lee, it will work but as above if buying new get a normal sd card. Or to be safe get 2 16gb cards as opposed to 1 32gb one.

Personally, I would opt for the normal SD card rather than a micro one in an adapter.

Think you will find the advice from many is to stick with big brand names from reputable sources for maximum likely reliability, Sandisk etc. the other brands will work fine, but for longevity and likely reliability they wouldn't be the choice of some people here

I would personally never use a micro SD card in an adapter unless it was a last option.
It introduces one more set of connections and therefore adds to the risk of failure or bad data transfer.

Back