Merry Christmas!

Yeah!

It’s gonna happen

I went to Notcutts garden centre in Maidstone last Sunday and it was as if Santa's reindeer had thrown up in there. Decorations, trees...everything.
Bloody ridiculous.:mad:

Xmas is just a pain in the ass.:eek:(n):puke::grumpy:

As I am a keen bird watcher. My wife has bought me an early christmes present. 3 months holyday on Skomer. At least I will get a shag every day.
:naughty::D

:banana::pMaybe she just wants rid of you.

As I am a keen bird watcher. My wife has bought me an early christmes present. 3 months holyday on Skomer. At least I will get a shag every day.
:D

Its a real shame that I can't ban a fellow mod, otherwise
someone would be

tenor.gif

For even daring to mention that word, in Sept.
Whatever the motives !

takes us 6 weeks to get all the stock in and set it up with all the theatre, Contrary to popular belief it doesnt get earlier every year. Generally end of School summer holidays is the start of set up.

3rd week in October is the start of main buying. Guarantee that for everyone that says its to early there will be someone that will be buying

takes us 6 weeks to get all the stock in and set it up with all the theatre, Contrary to popular belief it doesnt get earlier every year. Generally end of School summer holidays is the start of set up.

3rd week in October is the start of main buying. Guarantee that for everyone that says its to early there will be someone that will be buying

Doesn't make it any less annoying.

Well I had my Christmas playlist on for my bike ride to work on Friday!

There are only twelve days of Christmas, none of which are in September (nor October and November either) :mad:

I'd even tolerate the advent period.
Generous, me. :)

I'd like a new law. Any shop displaying Christmas merchandise on in any other way promoting Christmas before December 1st is not allowed to trade for the whole of December :)

Dave

Last weekend we did our Christmas card photo..
I'm my defense it has to be done before uni starts and the tradition started when we lived in Spain - our first one was us on a beach in August all dressed up in santa gear, hats and beards, sitting round a plastic decorated tree. When we started setting up the beach was empty, by the time we were ready to shoot a coach-load of tourists had stopped to watch.
My eldest has never forgiven me..

We did a coffee morning yesterday for the village Christmas Lights. The wife was selling some of her Christmas cards that she has been making. So it's not unusual for us to have Christmas bits out at any time of the year.

Bar Humbug.

I saw mince pies in Tesco's yesterday, I'd just assumed they were left over from last year, I know its September but it was Tesco's.

takes us 6 weeks to get all the stock in and set it up with all the theatre,
6 weeks from Christmas is early / mid November not the end of August, when I saw the first signs of the 2018th coming of Christ tat.

I saw mince pies in Tesco's yesterday,
And they'll be well out of date by December ;)
Good con that one eh?

Annnnd I saw my first TV Christmas ads ( 2 separate ones) last night.
I don't watch a lot of TV, so that may not have even been the first time they were aired.

I saw mince pies in Tesco's yesterday, I'd just assumed they were left over from last year, I know its September but it was Tesco's.
Morrisons sell them year round.
Hot cross buns too.

Last edited by a moderator:
6 weeks from Christmas is early / mid November not the end of August, when I saw the first signs of the 2018th coming of Christ tat.

And as I said, it takes 6 weeks for the range of stock to come in and for us to merchandise it ready for the start of sales in mid october
We currently have cards, wrap and crackers and they were all selling today

Damn Charity shops round here have started their christmas displays too :banghead::banghead:

A festive treat for music lovers
shatnerclaus_1000.jpg

Annnnd I saw my first TV Christmas ads ( 2 separate ones) last night.
I don't watch a lot of TV, so that may not have even been the first time they were aired.
When I scroll through the Sky tv schedule, I have found Christmas films listed as early as June.

When I scroll through the Sky tv schedule, I have found Christmas films listed as early as June.
WTF? !!
I don't have sky, but I still get crappy sky adverts when I'm watching some of the free view channels.

No, they just tend to play them throughout the year, I remember some Christmas Specials on Gold and the like back in March and April time.

And as I said, it takes 6 weeks for the range of stock to come in and for us to merchandise it ready for the start of sales in mid october
We currently have cards, wrap and crackers and they were all selling today
So the store I mentioned began proceedings in mid July.
Beggars belief.

So the store I mentioned began proceedings in mid July.
Beggars belief.

Think of us poor buggers in wholesale, order it in December to February. Receive it in May and June and start selling it immediately...it never truly goes away and then the family wonder why I am bored of the whole thing....

Back