Merry Christmas!

When I scroll through the Sky tv schedule, I have found Christmas films listed as early as June.

Back in the summer they actually had a christmas film channel on sky :banghead::banghead:

.it never truly goes away and then the family wonder why I am bored of the whole thing....
But the majority of the punters (I'm sure) would rather you retail & wholesale merchants, kept it to yourselves a bit longer.. Thanks (y)

:p

And they'll be well out of date by December ;)
Good con that one eh?
I'm sure I read somewhere once that it was to allow people to "try out" or sample various foods before committing to buying before Christmas. When I come to power, Christmas can only be advertised from 1st December. No decorations, music or anything Christmas related before then, punishable by shoving lumps of coal where the sun don't shine.

In all seriousness, this sort of early promotion just takes the fun out of Christmas. It was much more enjoyable as a kid. Or maybe I'm just becoming old and grumpy. At 35.

I'm sure I read somewhere once that it was to allow people to "try out" or sample various foods before committing to buying before Christmas.
Damn! I'd better go buy a turkey and a few crates of Stella in that case (y)

All these moans and groans, you all love it realy the festive TV and films, food a drink and of course the FAMILY all together!:LOL:

lWhen I come to power, Christmas can only be advertised from 1st December. No decorations, music or anything Christmas related before then, punishable by shoving lumps of coal where the sun don't shine.
You've got my vote.

We received our first Christmas catalogue of the year in the post on August 6th. I guess those responsible considered that it was probably a good idea to at least wait until the school holidays had started. Such admirable restraint.

Despite not being very religious, I still like the traditional Christmas - carols (a harkback to my days as a young RC choirboy dressed in white with red trim), Scrooge, mulled wine, roast dinners, stollen, Christmas pud with custard, homemade pigs in blankets and preferably a bit of snow, and waking up on Christmas morning to unwrap the presents.
However, I also think that all the hype should be done away with until December starts.
I don't want to see the John Lewis Christmas advert - I assume that is what it is? - on my return from my Summer holiday - that is just wrong on every count.

I don't want to see the John Lewis Christmas advert - I assume that is what it is? - on my return from my Summer holiday - that is just wrong on every count.
Exactly, and by the time Christmas actually arrives, I for one have been bored with it for weeks!

Despite not being very religious, I still like the traditional Christmas - carols (a harkback to my days as a young RC choirboy dressed in white with red trim), Scrooge, mulled wine, roast dinners, stollen, Christmas pud with custard, homemade pigs in blankets and preferably a bit of snow, and waking up on Christmas morning to unwrap the presents.
However, I also think that all the hype should be done away with until December starts.

If you mean the Bo' Rhap John Lewis / Waitrose ad, it's not their Christmas one.

If you mean the Bo' Rhap John Lewis / Waitrose ad, it's not their Christmas one.
Its clever, no doubt about that
But I'm not sure wtf its about ...

Its clever, no doubt about that
But I'm not sure wtf its about ...
I still feel that way about Bohemian Rhapsody! :LOL:

Reactions: Nod
I still feel that way about Bohemian Rhapsody! :LOL:
:LOL: Its like when Don McLean was asked
"What does American pie actually mean??

He replied "I'll never have to work again"
:D

Sir Elton John has supposedly been paid £5m for the new John Lewis ad to be released in late November
That's half of the reported £10m budget, that's one heck of a lot of forcasted sales profit !!!
Really say it all about how much money people are prepared to spend/waste on one day

:D:D:D:beer:

Nothing wrong with the hype beforehand. If people are looking to make mincemeat, Xmas pudding etc you need to get started well before that.

Plus many like to start Xmas shopping early to spread the cost of it.

If people are looking to make mincemeat, Xmas pudding etc you need to get started well before that.
You forgot "Cook the sprouts" :p

42421132_10155684802788199_4884066625227063296_n.jpg

Yeah but, the big question is............are we having a secret santa this year!?!

Yeah but, the big question is............are we having a secret santa this year!?!
Last years SS agreed to do it again this year, (FOOL!) so I assume at present, yes ...

Last years SS agreed to do it again this year, (FOOL!) so I assume at present, yes ...
(y) I know it's sad, but it might be the only xmas present I get this year.

My favourite pre-christmas activity is standing in supermarkets looking at all trhe over filled trolleys and estimating how much of it will end up in landfill.

I also love listening to people with not much money talking about how many hundreds they're spending on their kids' presents.

It's f*****g madness

My favourite pre-christmas activity is standing in supermarkets looking at all trhe over filled trolleys and estimating how much of it will end up in landfill.
Ah but you have to see the positive side of this, the gulls are very happy with the Xmas hand outs,
The guys that work bird control on landfill are very happy with the continuing work.
Its a win win :D

g2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone in the staff room poke a stick through the spokes of the wheel, please...
Not sure about through the wheel, but something needs poking with a stick!
:D

Duly liked and ordered.

Back