Mersey Gateway Royal visit, photo opportunity, or an inconvenience?

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
The Queen and Meghan Markle ( Duchess of Sussex) will be visiting Runcorn this morning / afternoon. This is to officially open the new Gateway bridge. Just wondering is anyone going, with the hopes of getting any photos?

I won't be as I have an appointment at Runcorn medical centre, that is assuming I can get there. Not sure if there will be any restrictions on the local roads.
I suppose I could always take my camera and should I get stuck in traffic, I could always take photos of the passing Royals.

Although I could get done, for using a hand held device while being in charge of a vehicle :confused: .

A friend just texted to say " I wish the Royals would visit more often". It seems all the traffic cones have been removed, and the street cleaners have been out. Even all the local grass verges have been neatly cut back.

I take it they have arrived...

11am and I can hear lots of sirens, racing along the expressway.

You've got to admire the queen, I wouldn't want to be opening a windy bridge at her age , and it's proper windy here today, I bet they both had to look up Runcorn on a map though

A friend just texted to say " I wish the Royals would visit more often". It seems all the traffic cones have been removed, and the street cleaners have been out. Even all the local grass verges have been neatly cut back.

I don't think they get to see the real world.

Some years back the Prince of Wales turned up at a location where there had been a flood ostensibly to thank the local emergency services.

The contractors involved in the repairs cleaned the site on a Sunday morning, made the piles of materials neat and perfect, removed anything that looked dirty or worn, and positioned immaculate plant so that it was best placed to show their signage and logos.

I have to set off soon, I wonder if the roads are clear? They should be in Chester soon. I may just take the camera, I just may spot them passing lol.

Bit of a delay in opening, been in use for a year or 2 now. Could google it I suppose but..

Bit of a delay in opening, been in use for a year or 2 now. Could google it I suppose but..
Been open for half a year, I use it often. Just down the road from me, a great road.

Been open for half a year, I use it often. Just down the road from me, a great road.
Thought it was longer than that, use it when going to Liverpool airport as daughter is at uni in Belfast. Once the old bridge has been refurbed i guess there will be a charge to use that.[emoji58]

Thought it was longer than that, use it when going to Liverpool airport as daughter is at uni in Belfast. Once the old bridge has been refurbed i guess there will be a charge to use that.[emoji58]
Yes the old bridge will be a toll road, that is why it is being refurbished. By law the road needs to be closed for a year, before it can be turned into a toll road. They are stretching the work out, making sure the bridge is closed for at least a year.

I was planning on doing some before and after photos of the bridge, but not got around to it. Besides, plenty of others are happily snapping away at the bridge.

Back