weekly mich66 ~ 52 weeks 2013 (TIME)

I think you've got the gaps spot on, possible too light but I think you've got away with it.

Hi Michelle

Liking your Space shot , great highkey feel to it with great colors on the cars & right on theme (y) MY OCD is with Andy....blutac is the way forward :D

I like the composition, especially the disorder of the cars (sorry OCDers).

I am not so find of the over-saturation of colours, especially highlights? Maybe that's a personal thing though?

Good shot!

Hi all..

Sorry I've been MIA, life/work got in the way.. Big catch up to come!

This is work :)

6/52 ~ work by michy66, on Flickr

The gates are all that remains of the East Lancs Paper Mill (Radcliffe)

Thousands worked here and at Radcliffe Paper Mill (My dad worked at both over the years) their closure had a huge impact on the town.

Took this with my Sony nex5n, used the toy camera setting to give a moodier sky, the colours were a bit vivid, thought a B+W conversion would work better for this..

thats a brilliant image and a great take on the theme can't crit it at all :clap:

Hi Michelle - welcome back

Work - nice image. Unusual to take a shot of a demised works without any hint of buildings. (y)

I like the desolation of just the gates, the solitary tree and the moody sky which emphasises the loss of jobs and community spirit. B&w works well for the mood. only one small point - I'm not sure if it would be possible to make the words a little more stand out - but that might alter other elements to the detriment of the shot.

welcome back michelle.... like this shot for work, or lack of work. Empty gates with no walls either side always stand out. Great sky too, I think the portrait orientation works well, but possibly a wider view might have helped - more sky and a bit either side of the pillars.

Not normally a fan of a heavy vignette, but used to good effect here. (y)

Really like that shot. I think the b&w gives it more of a gritty feel.

thanks all.. I'd liked to have gone wider but theres a big telegraph pole just to the right hand side, looked unbalanced with that in shot..

here's gluttony..

7/52 ~ gluttony by michy66, on Flickr

pre diet, I would have finished these little doughnuts off easily.. was good and passed them on to my daughter after taking the shot :)

only 4 "little" donuts?? :thinking: Lovely stacking, can't fault that at all, and I love the DOF and the clean background, but someone's going to have to explain the crop to me.........

Keep going - you'll be caught up in no "time"... :D

Hi really like the bleakness of Work and well framed. B&W was the only way. If you're inclined I might remove the bush on the left to emphasise the symmetry.

Cheers.

Gluttony, like the composition and view point. Not keen on the high key and I'd prefer just 3 donuts....I have a think for odd numbers :D

Cheers.

Time, like it. The composition works well. The processing suits itself to the watch and the noise adds to the feeling of the photograph.

No crit from me.

Good show.

Cheers.

Really like the old time feel to the processing here too, what's the writing underneath it?

Thats a lovely old time piece, its really looks beaten up ans old. I even like your DOF, (which I dont usually )

Was there a purpose to the the book under the watch, or was it just a change from plain background?

I like all round

Nice shot, good perspective, depth of field and processing.

Hi Michelle

Time...beautiful , great pp which suits the timepiece & nice to see a non plain bg (y)

Gluttony.....not sure why but I like the lighting on this , almost dreamy soft & seems to compliment the colors in the hundreds n thousands.....odd's normally work better but even seems to be ok for this one & like the positioning ...:)

Work...mono suits it perfectly , dark n moody fits the abandoned nature of the gates...like it (y)

Hi Michelle

Gluttony - I like the angle looking down on the stack. I think that the lighting works and the dreamy (as Lynne) feel helps with the soft pastel colours of the sprinklings.

Time - lovely interpretation of the theme with the old fashioned feel, the toning, dof and b/g. well handled

Work....Nice moody B&W shot, the background story really helps too.

Gluttony....I want those doughnuts NOW, I like the angle, dof and brightness of this.

Time.....Again good use of a narrow dof fading away into the background, that looks like a vintage time piece.

Hi Michelle :wave

Work: Its a good shot, the B&W reflects the 'once was here'. The dark cloud adds a heavy additon to the woeful tale of the story. Well thought out(y)

Back