weekly mich66 ~ 52 weeks 2013 (TIME)

Another new take on this, nice focus on the beads and cross, might like to see the cross a tiny bit higher . Has the lighting caused the varied colours on the hands - yellow and pink or are they naturally this colour. If so I might be inclined to put a yellow or blue colour wash over the whole image to blend them in . I had a quick play in PS with your image which is why I chose those two colours

thanks.. they are my hands (self timer) so hope they aren't that colour naturally :) its a combination of the light and processing, used color efex for this, was going to go for a softer sepia type look but having a play with the filters I kind of liked how it ended up..

I really like this.

The main points are in focus and the rest a nice blur into the background.

Hi, Michelle, this is a well composed and processed photograph. Really pops...not from the colours , which are muted and work well, possible the sharpness, focus and depth.

Not sure if it's the processing or if I'm missing something but parts of your hands loos quite orange.

If I'm honest, I'm not getting the connection :thinking:

Solid start.

Cheers.

thanks guys.. agree on the hand colour but preferred it to the original in comparison.. as I said earlier it went from (in my head) being a soft sepia look to this grungy, gritty finish.. someone who's had it hard praying for their sins.. perhaps? :)

Last edited:
its a great composition, nice and sharp but I agree with Andy it seems to me its the opposite of sin but then again I am not in the least religious

Stonking shot - creative take on the theme and I love looking at all the details in the hands and in the chain. Many of the shots for this week are on-topic but not enjoyable to look at - this most definitely is!

Michelle that is a fabulous take. I like the clarity and the work you have done with the tone. Really impressed. Well done..

It's the hands that make the shot for me, great DOF.

Keep em coming!

Love how you got the hands and cross so sharp, great DOF in the rest of the photo, looking forward to week 2,3 and 52

Hi Michelle, I think you've done a great job using the self timer. It fits your take on the theme very well. I know you've tried some different processing but maybe a B&W would work too with all the detail and textures you have captured.

(y)

Really really nice shot, well composed and nice depth of field, really well toned too, very nice and I can't believe you managed that precision of a self portrait (I've done a couple and I find them really hard to get where I want sharp)

Hi Michelle....& a belated welcome from me :wave:

I really really like that image ...nuff said :clap:

Really really nice shot, well composed and nice depth of field, really well toned too, very nice and I can't believe you managed that precision of a self portrait (I've done a couple and I find them really hard to get where I want sharp)

there were a heck of a lot of fails, this still isn't spot on focus wise.. and the detail extractor on color efex works wonders ;)

this is it sooc (cropped / resized).. I wanted the hands to look more aged and weather worn..

thanks all.. appreciate the comments!

Hi Michelle,
I like the processing on your image and the aged feel to it.
For me, I got the connection to the theme, no explanation required.

I can also see the appeal in your sooc image too, mainly for the colour tones, so either/or gets my vote :LOL:

No real crit to add, good start to your 52. (y) Iain

Oh, I love before and afters, thanks for sharing that, I see what you mean and I'm amazed how much detail was brought forth, time to added efex to my wish list :)

Wow, great picture. My initial idea was rosemary beads, glad I couldn't find any now as my shot wouldn't have been half as good as this. My only suggestion is to have a bit more space around the hand (esp. At the top).

had a similar idea yesterday but it didn't work but that works really well, nice composition and processing :clap:

Good use of colours Michelle although I agree about symetry. Nevertheless nice shot.

thanks all.. tried different compositions, landscape and the spoons moved around but kept going back to this version.. liked the spoons going off to the corners top and bottom.. :)

Last edited:
Really like both your sin and season images. The only thing I can fault in either of them is that the top left/bottom right spoons aren't exactly lined up, but other than that I love the composition.

lovely colour brought out, and great texture in the board below.

can't say the (in)accuracy of the spoons is a big deal for me, they're not trying to be dead on, so being a bit off is fine.

Lovely tones and textures. Dont mind that the layout is not symmetrical.

Wow, Love it. Theme is spot on, composition is interesting and attractive and the colours are so good together.

Looks like a cookery book cover to me!

Nice work :)

Really nicely laid out with some soft subtle tones and textures and the POV from virtually straight above works well too. (y)

Back