weekly mich66 ~ 52 weeks 2013 (TIME)

You're quick off the mark with your submission this week Michelle, good work.
I do like this, the pp really suits your subject/model.
There is a real sense of attitude about your image which I think nails it to the theme.
I can see where Brian is coming from with the background but it doesn't detract too much I feel. Willing models are so hard to come by :LOL: so we must go with what we are given.
With that early submission, you've got time for another take on the theme ;)
Iain

(y)i really like the image only crit would be for the focas to be on the fingers but that is each to there own just reminds me of backstage at jeremy kyle show lol (the gf not me lol) well done

Like the way you have gone with this, but with Brian on more focus on the fingers (with Daughter permission of course) but still s great shot,the whole attitude thing screams WILD (y)

Fantastic start with all your photos :). In 'Wild' the space from the front of the image to her feet doesn't feel comfortable for me, but I like the PP:clap:

I think its a great pic I don't see why people need it to be dirtier its about the subject matter would grime make a difference really :shrug: the focus is fine you can see what she is doing with her fingers, oh and i prefer the colour version

I like the pp on this, def prefer the first one with some colour.

I can see what others are saying about the focus but it doesn't bother me and i think it still works well.

Again wonderful shot - the colour one for me though, by a long way.

Thats the sort of image the 10-20 was made for.

Another really nice image, B&W version for me and i like the focus as it is, just a personal preference for both. Great use of the theme, she is very convincing, reminds me of a band shoot.

Last edited:
Hi, the colour Wild for me. The processing really suits the. Photograph as does the low angle.

As Brian says, focus on the fingers might have added to the photograph. Love the wide angle distortion.

Cheers.

Hi ya :wave:

different take on the theme but works a treat ...wild child indeed ( think I should get me one of those to help out with my shots :LOL: )

I'm torn between the 2 versions posted....agree with Brian about it being a bit to clean in the color version though the pp helps....B&W version adds a sense of grunge which suits it . I also prefer the focus on the feet...not sure why ...it reminds me of a poster I saw way back in the 80's...deciosn made...B&W for me

Great works missus :clap:

Interesting image. But colour version is much better than the B+W.

Really like the use of the wide angle. Wild child was on my thought list but I dont have wild kids as I live alone.

I might get wild hair from daughter when i see her in the week. She loves her wild ginger locks

Great work as always, glad I commented to subscribe me to your thread :)

I think I also prefer the colour version and using the 10-20mm has worked well. One week I might have an entry half as good as yours, only one though :LOL:

Another inventive shot for week 4 Michelle. I prefer the colour shot I think and I know what you mean about daughters :(

As others have said, I think the focus point (shoes) detracts slightly. I'd like to see the hands in focus, and maybe if they'd obscured the face a bit more your subject might have been happier. You never can tell though :)

(Off topic thread-derail) It always amazes me how my kids hate me going anywhere near them with a camera, yet are happy to splash themselves all over f4c3b00k. Maybe they're trying to tell me something about my skills :)

Prefer the first for wild, I like the POV the use of the wide angle and the processing. It could almost be an Album cover for a teenage punk band.

:clap:

thanks so much for the comments all.. :)

I preferred the colour, bit too much grain on the B+W I think.. could have used a texture perhaps to make the floor less clean looking..

my 'wild child' is 25 this week.. hobbit sized though so comes in handy for photo shoots.. when the mood suits of course! ;)

hi michelle - 4 really strong weeks in. Gravity was excellent - really caught the look of the salad being thrown out the bowl, and really great vibrant colours throughout too.

Wild - You had a great idea to go with the wild child, the sullen unco-operative look working really well. Love the POV, possibly imposed on you by her resistance, but you worked with what you had.

I love the texture on the floor from the B&W one - but everything on the colour one.

thanks for the comments and apologies I haven't been around much this week.. had a very busy time at work and have been shattered!

this is week 5 ~ space

5/52 ~ space by michy66, on Flickr

another indoors shot.. I will go outside one day ;)

That is a stonker, I wish i'd thought of it

Hah! Another great image. You've really got a feel for the "art" side of photography.

Lovely stuff.

Ian.

Hmmm yes - arty indeed. Love it, with plenty of bright colours. Like the fact there's a few duplicate cars in there too - good fun spotting those within the image. Border works well too.

Well done michelle. :clap:

Hi, quite a high key feel to the Space which I like. Nice detail and colours as well.

Crit, well I'd prefer the horizontal space weren't there and just the single space form the absent car.

I didn't have OCD until I started the 52s, but I think it would be taken up a level if the cars were exactly aligned.

Nice subtle border.

Cheers.

thanks all.. (y)

I didn't have OCD until I started the 52s, but I think it would be taken up a level if the cars were exactly aligned.

the cars were rolling around, got them lined up then they'd move.. so ended how it is :LOL: blutack needed for next time!

Hi Michelle

Space - on theme, nice bright image and good colour. Perhaps a bit blown out in small parts but difficult with the diff colours and shapes. The border suits it.

I actually exaggerated the 'blown' highlights for a high key feel.. the colours were toned down a little too :)

Great work on space Michelle (y)
I love the contrasty, over saturated feel to this. Your processing suits the subject.
So many options on the composition of the cars I would guess but you are certainly bang on theme, but I agree with Andy that maybe you could have filled the frame with the cars leaving just the one space. But as I said, so many options eh? Good work all round Michelle. Iain

That works for me in a couple of ways. It's got an instant 'at a glance' graphic appeal that hits me first, then my eyes wander here and there, pulled by the colours and contrast and spikes of light. I wouldn't change a thing. (y)

Yes, a great shot michele. The high key really makes it different, too.

Nice idea and I understand Andy's comment on leaving out the horizontal gap, I too feel it's a little too bright.

(y)

I think the horizontal gap should be there - in a "real" car-park it would be, otherwise how can the cars in the middle row get out, and also, how would anyone be able to drive into the space that's left.

I think the horizontal gap should be there - in a "real" car-park it would be, otherwise how can the cars in the middle row get out, and also, how would anyone be able to drive into the space that's left.

Valid point, but from an artistic perspective I'd prefer no gap (y)

Back