MICRO 4/3 CAMERAS with any lens fitted

Love the ring of fire mark

Had a trip out along the Yorkshire coast yesterday, started at Bempton

Bempton Cliffs by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

Just simply could not capture a bird in flight, but did get these two. No idea what they are though, some type of gull I'm guessing

Love on the Rocks by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

Next up Danes Dyke which has a nice secluded beach

Path to the sea by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

Might have overcooked the colours in that

Finally finished off at Brid with a long exposure

LE Groynes Bridlington by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

Last edited:
the birds are gannets Steve , and thats one steep walk back up from the bottom of Danes dyke

one from yesterday Panasonic g80 plus nikkor 50mm f1.4 ais legacy glass , the amazing thing is that at 100% on the raw file you can read some of the writing on the blue sign , top line reads " a castle for a king hard as flint" plus I got photobombed by a gull to which is also quiet sharp
castle entry by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

I have in fact just done a large crop of that sign , and when you take into account the picture above was already cropped before I posted it I think I can honestly say I'm quiet pleased . this lens will not be going on to e.bay
bit of a crop by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Last edited:
Look much better than my attempts I tried the other day. What set up did you use for this?

Thanks, em10mk11, 60mm macro and Meik 320 flash

Super set mike , hmmmm do I go for a macro or that omd1-mk1 I’ve always fancied

One of the first in the wild tests of my adapted c-mount microscope objective;
In the wild test by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr
IIRC this was only about 1/3 - 1/2 the way through the zoom range, but I struggled enough at this magnification! (Handheld with popup flash)

sigma 39-80 oly by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

test shot in the garden today with the latest edition to my legacy glass collection , a sigma 39-80mm with built in macro mode . quiet a difficult one to get right as you need to adjust aperture , zoom, focus , then another focus ring for macro it makes you think about what your doing . but for sub £20 its worth a play . bloody heavy though . .

Last edited:
Back