Micro Moth

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
I believe this is a Alucita hexadactyla - Twenty-plume (thanks for identifying Trevor) it was probably no more than 8mm in size.

I noticed him/her flying around while I was processing a few landscape shots, glad I stopped to take pics, can't believe how intricate they are.

Micro Moth (3 shot stack).
D7000
Tamron 90mm
Raynox 250
Kenko 36mm extension tube

Last edited:
I think its a twenty plume moth, but I am no expert. Nice detail, and yes, its always amazing when you see the fine details and intricacy on these tiny creatures.

That's an "Excellent" shot Neil, fine detail, good composition, and a great stack.(y)

George.

Many Thanks Bryn, loving my macro now thanks to the help received from the kind people on the forum. It's strange how your perception of insects changes dramatically when you see them up close.
Im sure ive said something like that already but I agree (y)

With tubes and a raynox 250 that is absolutley fab shot and agreeing with Bryn, the detail is supurbe and the lighting is also spot on.
Lets see more of your shots like this :D

With tubes and a raynox 250 that is absolutley fab shot and agreeing with Bryn, the detail is supurbe and the lighting is also spot on.
Lets see more of your shots like this :D

Thanks Graham, I will do my best to put more shots up soon. I am splitting my time between landscape and macro this year and resisting getting a lens for birding as well!

Oh that's lovely. Great clarity and detail, the light is spot on. Love the natural background too. I shot a similar moth (no where near as well as this, I hasten to add) that had landed on my kitchen wall. I much prefer seeing it in a more natural environment.

Back