Micro SD (In adapter) vs SD Card / Brands

Name
CrazeUK
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey All.

I need to buy a memory card for my Mobile, so thought i may relegate a 64GB Samsung Evo + card to the mobile and invest in some new memory cards for my Nikon D7000.

Currently, i have:
1 x 64GB Samsung Evo + (in an adapter)
1 x 32GB Class 10 SD Card

So i have some questions:
1. Does it make a difference to DSLR's if a memory card is in an adapter?
2. Is it better to have a standard SD Card in rather than Micro SD Card
3. Which brands to look out for which to avoid?
4. I have never filled any of my SD Cards even with 3 sets of shoots. So is it worth the extra money for a double capacity card?

1. Does it make a difference to DSLR's if a memory card is in an adapter?
Operations are unaffected but does the adapter
fit in the camera slot?
2. Is it better to have a standard SD Card in rather than Micro SD Card
Physically, the bigger the better as they won't slip
though your fingers too easily.
3. Which brands to look out for which to avoid?
I only use Sandisk because they are good and
never failed me. But there are other very good
makers out there!
4. I have never filled any of my SD Cards even with 3 sets of shoots. So is it worth the extra money for a double capacity card?
In my D810's I use 64GB CF's, In my D3S and
D3X I use 16 GB.

Divide the price of a card by the number of GB's to
get the price per GB. Too big cards cost waaaayyyyy
to much!

Adapters make the micro sd as big as the sd so they aren't fiddly. They won't effect speeds AFAIK. I'd say use the memory you have.

I personally avoid SanDisk as it's the only memory I have had failures with, both SD and SSD. A lot swear by them though.

Last edited:
The more connections between source and destination, the more possibilities of problems so I avoid using micro SD cards in adaptors in cameras (and other applications) that use full sized SD cards and only use micro SD in devices that can't take full sized SD cards. I'll use the adaptors to transfer stuff from the PC/laptop to a micro SD card but even then, I prefer using a micro SD card reader/writer.

Back