Microglobe- Grey stock? (Tokina lenses)

Edit My Images
No
Anyone recent know if Microglobe are grey imports please?
I've searched the forum, but can't find anything really relevant.

The website header says UK Sourced stock (I'm interested in a Tokina 12-24 Canon fit), but they're over £100 cheaper than any I'm certain are UK sourced stock, and they're not on CameraPriceBuster either.
For that matter, they're cheaper than a lot of the HK importers; The only seller cheaper I can find is HDEW, and I know they're grey :)

If they're genuine UK stock, then I'd rather spend the extra few quid, but if they're both grey, I won't bother.
As a note, I know the Tokina warranty is in theory worldwide other than USA, but I've seen complaints that it's difficult to get the UK arm to accept HK sourced lenses for warranty repairs...

Cheers :)

So, an update on this one.

Definitely not grey stock, official UK Kenro warranty cards in the box, **but** it's the MK1 version.
To my understanding, this was discontinued nearly three years ago to make way for the MKII (Which has now been discontinued in favor of the 12-28), so I'm in two minds on this one.

Total price paid was ~£30 above the second hand price of a UK stock MK1 (They price-matched HDEW), so not a ripoff.
The box definitely shows signs of storage, but the lens is mint.

Thoughts from anyone else?

So, an update on this one.

Definitely not grey stock, official UK Kenro warranty cards in the box, **but** it's the MK1 version.
To my understanding, this was discontinued nearly three years ago to make way for the MKII (Which has now been discontinued in favor of the 12-28), so I'm in two minds on this one.

Total price paid was ~£30 above the second hand price of a UK stock MK1 (They price-matched HDEW), so not a ripoff.
The box definitely shows signs of storage, but the lens is mint.

Thoughts from anyone else?

Did it only arrive now? If you've had it and want to return it make sure you check their policy. It seems a good price if its only £30 above used prices but if HDEW were offering a MK2 surely thats a better deal for the same cash.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I was thinking about it for a few days, and only ordered yesterday :p

The honest answer is not sure as to whether it's worth the hastle of returning; That'd cost me ~£10 (SD costs), plus however much time it takes to get the refund.
The only 'improvement' in the Canon MK2 version as far as I can tell is a slight coatings modification; As far as I can tell most of the improvements were adding a focus motor to the Nikon fit.
The price is thus not the bargain I was hoping for in terms of UK MK2 stock, but still reasonable.
I admit I'm at fault for assuming that three years after discontinuing all new stock would be the MK2 version, rather than asking specifically, and Microglobe dispatched quickly, and knocked £15 off to match the HEDEW price, so I've no complaints with them.

Used prices are very hard to gauge as well. I've been vaugely looking for a used example from a reputable retailer for nearly 6 months, but nothing in stock anywhere.
MPB's price (On the out of stock ones) is £240, and the going figure from Ebay is ~£260.

I paid £285; Need to think about it for a day or two now; Would love opinions from anyone else!

Back