Microsoft Professional Photography

cool, thanks for the link

Thanks for the link, I spent an hour or so their this morning.

Its showing potential and has a few interesting articles, the problem is everything links back to Microsoft products (which is understandable) and the navigation is not so easy to stay on the articles that you are really interested in. I think it has deliberately been designed this way and will probably therefore be more suited to less experienced photographers as they will tolerate the constant bombardment of Microsoft products which in many cases offer less features or value than others made by different manufacturers.

Also the main articles provided on software, photographers, tutorials and non Microsoft products are in PDF format requiring Acrobat reader which will put some people off.

There some quite decent stuff on this site now. A few nice articles, including an extract from a book about taking better landscapes.

Perhaps of more interest, are the RAW image viewers for XP and the new Sync Powertoy - this especially looks like it could be excellent, although i haven't fiddled with it yet.

Matt

Back