Daily MikeH's 365

Day 17

Super excited about my new toy, I thought I'd give the product photo style ago - not keen on the results, could have done with an extra flash and umbrella or softbox.

Tbh, I think the lens cap should have been off completely, but I got so caught up in trying to get the lighting right with limited time that I didn't even think about it.

Day 18

First full frame test - loving the low light performance and just how sharp this 24-105 is. This is cropped, too! (around 75% of the original).

Day 19

Not particularly happy with this. It was a pull over and take a picture moment as it looked stunning in real life, unfortunately, to get anywhere close to how it looked at the time, HDR was necessary (I'm not a fan of HDR!)

I can't wait until my grads arrive!

Edit: a bit more PP and I'm a little bit happier with it.

Last edited:
Unintentionally I replaced it on Flickr when uploading another version of it - this one I'm a little happier with. A more panoramic crop and the reeds cloned out very roughly.

Day 20

A late one last night. The Sky was perfectly clear when I went out, so I was looking to do some more star trails. It didn't take long for the cloud to roll over. I did manage this, though.

Nice shot, love the sky and the water / reflections leading the eye in. My only crit is the bottom right is a bit too dark, you cant really see the start of the water which comes out of the corner? A little more light there and crop the sky down a bit and that would move this picture from good to great in my opinion. :)

Day 22
Not hugely keen, but I didn't take anything else!

Day 23
I took the little Clio (which has been unused for months) to Brands Hatch for a track day

Day 24
A quick stop at Totland Beach - two snaps and off again. It took a bit of PP to get it how I wanted (somewhere close to how the clouds appeared at the time).

Day 25
More star trails - Carisbrooke Castle

Hi guys,

You're probably wondering where all the new pictures are.

The truth is, I've failed - some personal family issues mean I haven't had time and I likely won't have time for at least the next few months.

I'm not giving up completely though. I'm going to pick four and attempt a 52 instead.

Hi guys,

You're probably wondering where all the new pictures are.

The truth is, I've failed - some personal family issues mean I haven't had time and I likely won't have time for at least the next few months.

I'm not giving up completely though. I'm going to pick four and attempt a 52 instead.

That's a shame that your having to call time on your 365, will see you over on the 52 section then

Back