Edit My Images
Yes
Not my first attempt at the Milky Way, but not a pro either :p

Taken last month at S. Miguel Island, Azores, Portugal. Basically, in the middle of the Atlantic. Panoramic with 4 or 5 photos (don't really remember...)

Fuji X-E1 with Samyang 12mm. Larger version in Flickr :)

Milky Way
by Joao Norim, no Flickr

Wow, I guess there's not too much light pollution there? Some friends of mine are going to one of the Azores islands fairly soon. They're working their way round all of them........
Yeah, it was a pretty dark place. I don't think it's the darkest there is, but it's for sure one of the darkest I've ever been at. I don't know the exact location, but I believe it was somewhere around this area. I was driving late at night, and when I looked up, immediately started looking for a place to stop the car and get the camera and the tripod out :p

About the islands, I've only been to S. Miguel (twice), and it's really great. There are many things to see, and in terms of nature, I dare to say it's one of best places in the world to visit. Lots of lagoons, natural pools (some of them with hot water, due to the islands' volcanic origin), a couple of beautiful beaches... And btw, I've been there a total of 2 weeks, and I there are still some places I didn't visit. So when I say there are many things to see, I really mean it :) If it's of any interest, here are some pictures I took there last year.

Back