Minx 52 for 2020

Fence
It looks to a bright sunny day, so you've done well to get the tree and fence in some shade. It looks to be quite a magnificent tree.

transport - well done to capture three modes of transport in one shot!

fence - poor tree so fenced in... I wonder if you could have gone any wider to get the front corners of the fence into the frame...

Transport very nice composition is it road above?
Fenced as well showing the tree all fenced in.
Yes it is a road above, it is as Tim said the Three Bridges at Hanworth, I am not sure why as I only make it 2 bridges but the canal goes over the railway at the same point the road goes over the Canal.

Like it. Makes me wonder what is so special about the tree?
I was think the same as above what’s so special about the tree?

Its bark is cork so it is fenced off to stop people climbing it to protect it.

transport - well done to capture three modes of transport in one shot!

fence - poor tree so fenced in... I wonder if you could have gone any wider to get the front corners of the fence into the frame...

I think there was a fence behind me, so I could not go further back.

Floral

I did wonder if I would have to break out the craft supplies then I spotted some real flowers in the garden they are not very big easily overlooked.

floral
by Alison White, on Flickr

Last edited:
There colours work well together, nice image

Well spotted Alison nice colours.

Great shore horn and Gob shot nI like you take on the theme something a bit different.

Nice take on the theme Alison and definitely relevant to most of us right now.

Great composition and colours, I like that!

Free week + technique

As a child we always had an Easter Tree (usually some blossom branches in a Vase) a tradition picked up when my Dad was on secondment in Germany, We haven't always had one but this year I bought a tree and dug out our decorations some of which the children and I made when they were little.

Easter Tree
by Alison White, on Flickr

The Paper weight was used to hold it on our fireplace which is too narrow but the tree is not well balanced and fell over with out the paper weight to hold it down

Last edited:
I've never heard of an Easter tree either Alison.

An Easter Tree is a new one on me too and I like the idea of it. Nice colours too.

I like the apples shot but might have tried to lose that bit of background if at all possible.

Free Week - Nice shot of the Easter tree, thinking about it now, I might have been tempted to add a white vignette (or possibly a white frame), but that's only a minor recent thought on it. You can see from the comments that no one else greew up in Germany...
Initial - Loving the processing (Out of bounds effect isn't it?) adding the 3D element. Works well with that shot. :)

I really like the Ostereierbaum (and yes, I did have to look that up...) I lived not that far from Frankfurt for a couple of years and that was definitely the first time I was aware of these trees - lovely photo and it's brought back some nice memories!

I like the processing on the apples as well - the popping out of these frame effect is very nicely done.

Lovely Easter tree.. I have some beautiful hand painted eggs that my friend carefully transported from the Czech Republic for me that I hang from the beams at Easter.
The apples have great punchy colour.

Back