Mirrorless systems

Name
Liz
Edit My Images
Yes
Have been away for a while but looking to Get out and about again, I currently have a canon 7d a couple of L lenses and a Fuji xe-1 I think (Long time since I had it out) I’d really like something small and light which I capable of capturing fast moving spaniel, and is also capable of pulling off a decent landscape, I really like the weight and size of the Fuji, but am conscious they’ve probably moved on a lot since I last used it, looking at a mid range sort of budget, so where do I go?

Maybe take a look at the Sony A7c. It's an RF style FF interchangeable lens camera and possibly the smallest.

Thanks will have a look

Don't underestimate the XE1; yes, newer models are improved but it's still quite capable (still use mine as a back-up or when I want to go really light). Have you considered using the XE1 intensively for a while, until you know what it doesn't do what you'd like it to - and that will help tell you what new body you need.

Don't underestimate the XE1; yes, newer models are improved but it's still quite capable (still use mine as a back-up or when I want to go really light). Have you considered using the XE1 intensively for a while, until you know what it doesn't do what you'd like it to - and that will help tell you what new body you need.

This ^^ imo

As much as we'd love you over on the Sony thread, I think just use what you got until you know what it doesn't do for you.

I don't shoot things that move, so for me, I'm still on the A7 as it does what I need it to do pretty much. I sometimes have to push the ISO up a little but I don't think it notices too much in images so I don't really worry about it.

Could update the x-e1 to the x-e4 in early march when it is released.
Would my original lenses, still be compatible, I have 50-230, as Well as the 18 -55

This ^^ imo

As much as we'd love you over on the Sony thread, I think just use what you got until you know what it doesn't do for you.

I don't shoot things that move, so for me, I'm still on the A7 as it does what I need it to do pretty much. I sometimes have to push the ISO up a little but I don't think it notices too much in images so I don't really worry about it.
As it happens I’ve just put the battery on charge, will take it out for a spin

Would my original lenses, still be compatible, I have 50-230, as Well as the 18 -55

Yes. And if you have the budget you could get the X-E4 with 27mm prime package and a couple of extra batteries.

That 27mm lens is tiny and is sharp also.

I have and x-e2s with 27mm and is so small and light and that focal length is really good for general use.

You will see a good upgrade in many key areas over the x-e1 i think.

They have changed a few things though, the x-e4 has no flash and less buttons than some of the older versions. Not sure i like some of the changes but you do get a joystick now and i am a fan of those on any camera.

Yes. And if you have the budget you could get the X-E4 with 27mm prime package and a couple of extra batteries.

That 27mm lens is tiny and is sharp also.

I have and x-e2s with 27mm and is so small and light and that focal length is really good for general use.

You will see a good upgrade in many key areas over the x-e1 i think.

They have changed a few things though, the x-e4 has no flash and less buttons than some of the older versions. Not sure i like some of the changes but you do get a joystick now and i am a fan of those on any camera.
Thanks will give it a look, I think if you just have the body to buy it’s fine

Back